Miami base

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
How hard is it to get Miami base ? How far out are class dates?
It is only a 145 base, and a small one. If you get the 145 in class its going to be a while to hold mia. If you get the 175 it will be a while even after you upgrade, before you hold mia.

Class dates... a few weeks id guess. We usually don't have a long backlog.
Quote: How hard is it to get Miami base ? How far out are class dates?
Out of 2400+ pilots on property, around 160 of them are based in Miami (CAs and FOs). You might get lucky and get there in 3 months... you might take years.

Once you finally get there, prepare to get forced to upgrade into LGA/JFK and take another couple years to get back to MIA.

Nobody should come to Envoy for MIA. It's only open for recruiting purposes.
Quote: Out of 2400+ pilots on property, around 160 of them are based in Miami (CAs and FOs). You might get lucky and get there in 3 months... you might take years.

Once you finally get there, prepare to get forced to upgrade into LGA/JFK and take another couple years to get back to MIA.

Nobody should come to Envoy for MIA. It's only open for recruiting purposes.

Is this a true statement? Recruiter told me a different story!
Quote: Is this a true statement? Recruiter told me a different story!
It's true. Tiny base for recruiting only.
Consider the source. Same one that says new hires flow in 5.5-6 years.

Last union seniority list had closer to 140. 67 Captains and 76 FOs.
I fully expect MIA to grow in the near future. Think 175s.
Quote: It's true. Tiny base for recruiting only.
It sounds like even if I live in south Florida the chance of commuting for a long time to LGA or ORD will be very high. Should I consider PSA as an option because of the LCR? I’m trying to choose a regional with rotor transition that won’t make my life too complicated and I know very little about airline pilot life. Envoy vs PSA any advice please? Thank you for the info!
Quote: I fully expect MIA to grow in the near future. Think 175s.
Brought to you by the KoolAid meister himself.
Quote: It sounds like even if I live in south Florida the chance of commuting for a long time to LGA or ORD will be very high. Should I consider PSA as an option because of the LCR? I’m trying to choose a regional with rotor transition that won’t make my life too complicated and I know very little about airline pilot life. Envoy vs PSA any advice please? Thank you for the info!
Very carefully consider what you are looking at with the RTP.

Look at https://rotarytoairlinegroup.org/forum/
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to