CVG Base

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Page 9 of 11
Go to
Love to bid cvg..sucks it's a 2 leg commute (as of now) or 4.5hr drive for me.
As I said earlier. I think CVG will initially go senior and will trend more junior as people realize it’s a un commutable base. Which it’s gonna be. There isn’t all too many direct flights unless you live in a hub. Also CVG to DTW is pretty difficult. There’s a lot of mainline folk on that. My hypothesis was also agreed upon by management at recurrent that a vast majority of Trips will start early on day 1 and end late on go home day. If you live in the area, awesome, bid it. It’s living in base, can’t go wrong there, if you commute, Buyer beware.
Quote: As I said earlier. I think CVG will initially go senior and will trend more junior as people realize it’s a un commutable base. Which it’s gonna be. There isn’t all too many direct flights unless you live in a hub. Also CVG to DTW is pretty difficult. There’s a lot of mainline folk on that. My hypothesis was also agreed upon by management at recurrent that a vast majority of Trips will start early on day 1 and end late on go home day. If you live in the area, awesome, bid it. It’s living in base, can’t go wrong there, if you commute, Buyer beware.
Raleigh would've been a way easier commute for some people.... Just saying haha

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Looks like the CVG Chief Pilot & Base Manager job openings have posted. While I'd like to see it sooner, I'm thinking the CVG base opens for business 3/1/20 or there about.

I wonder if we're going to see any TDY associated with this?
Looks like CVG went a fair amount more junior on the final award, at least on the captain side anyhow. I was really hoping they’d have a move date for CVG on the final too, oh well.
Quote: Raleigh would've been a way easier commute for some people.... Just saying haha

Rumor is it is coming next year. I heard it from an FA. Must be true.
Quote: Rumor is it is coming next year. I heard it from an FA. Must be true.
Two years ago a FA was like, " oh you live in rdu? You know we're opening a base there!"

Oh really? Wow! Did you tell the company that??

Lol

Seemed like the Revised Bid showed LCR but I saw some communication saying no LCR at CVG. Anybody know more?
Quote: Seemed like the Revised Bid showed LCR but I saw some communication saying no LCR at CVG. Anybody know more?
think it stated 7 or less SC only. 8 or more SC & LC.
Quote: think it stated 7 or less SC only. 8 or more SC & LC.
Captains have enough reserves to get LCR in CVG. FOs do not.
5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Page 9 of 11
Go to