Looks like the jumpseat order got changed.

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13  53  103 
Page 3 of 148
Go to
Quote: Would anyone know what inspired this change?

I'm curious if a number of mainline folks complained to UALPA enough that they haven't been able to get in on UAX jump from a different carrier check in times
The rumor over at AA is that Southwest requested these changes (And for AA not to change) industry-wide because they're tired of always being behind regional-X. Reference the Republic/AA fight last month.
Quote: The rumor over at AA is that Southwest requested these changes (And for AA not to change) industry-wide because they're tired of always being behind regional-X. Reference the Republic/AA fight last month.
That may have helped, but our guys were getting pretty tired of getting bumped by an ACME pilot on a UAX carrier.

Thread drift, amazing what SW can push for. When AA was still stuck in the stone age with that "your airline (regional) can't take me from NYC to London (ex) there fore you can't JS on us from NYC to London (ex)" mentality, SW was able to secure an intl JS agreement. But so was UPS.
Quote: I’m super interested in Airlinepilot50’s opinion on this new change.
Captain has final authority who occupies the jumpseat. Period.
Looks like the reason Skywest, Republic, and Mesa we’re not included in the non exclusive group is because they didn’t agree with the changes. If in the future any or all do agree they would move up to the non exclusive from the oal list.
Quote: Captain has final authority who occupies the jumpseat. Period.
Whatcha sayin'?
Quote: Because it was broken.
Because a non-exclusive UAX checked in before mainline that isn't their own metal?

Own metal priority I completely understand but that bumps anyone from skywest, Mesa and republic down more than exclusive UAX (regardless of checkin?) just isn't pleasant.
Quote: Because a non-exclusive UAX checked in before mainline that isn't their own metal?
Read my example, YES.

Quote: Own metal priority I completely understand but that bumps anyone from skywest, Mesa and republic down more than exclusive UAX (regardless of checkin?) just isn't pleasant.
It was broken.

Got your app in? We're hiring.
Ok, I understand it. UAL to the top of every UAX flight with exception for UAX pilot on own metal.
If Mesa, Republic and Slywest don't agree to that then they can wallow around in OAL land on every flight except their own.
Quote: Captain has final authority who occupies the jumpseat. Period.
So.... not you.
Quote: Ok, I understand it. UAL to the top of every UAX flight with exception for UAX pilot on own metal.
Ehhhh, sort of

Exclusive UAX carrier, own carrier pilot, THEN us, then everyone else.

Non-exclusive UAX, own carrier pilot. Us and UAX are same priority, sorted by TOC. This can still cause issues.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13  53  103 
Page 3 of 148
Go to