Are DL A220s still flying?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: R2 was fine. The stator vanes saved him.
He was only a little bit incinerated...
Quote: There were thoughts the FAA was going to do that here too. They didnt. Yet.
According to the articles I read, it sounds like it wasn't any regulatory body that forced the grounding but rather Swiss (the airline) that took a pro-active step themselves. I say good on em. Looks like most of the 220s that were grounded were back flying in less than a day following some sort of inspection. Hopefully some lessons can be learned.

As an aside, Boeing is getting all the press lately but these GTFs haven't exactly been trouble free workhorses either. Still some kinks to iron out it would seem.
Quote: According to the articles I read, it sounds like it wasn't any regulatory body that forced the grounding but rather Swiss (the airline) that took a pro-active step themselves. I say good on em. Looks like most of the 220s that were grounded were back flying in less than a day following some sort of inspection. Hopefully some lessons can be learned.

As an aside, Boeing is getting all the press lately but these GTFs haven't exactly been trouble free workhorses either. Still some kinks to iron out it would seem.
It was Swiss that pulled the trigger but it didnt blindside anyone. There is a lot of attention on those engines... probably because PW put all their attention on NEO engines.
Delta's never stopped flying and Swiss' are back in the air.
One difference, as I understand it, is that Swiss runs their engines at a higher thrust than Delta, 24000 vs 19000. Perhaps this is having an an effect.
Headed to NYC 220 soon...hoping this doesn’t happen.
Quote: Headed to NYC 220 soon...hoping this doesn’t happen.
Just talked to a NY based Captain and he said the A220 was the easiest airplane he has ever flown and he loves it. Other opinions may vary.... The bigger 300 version will be even better.
Quote: Just talked to a NY based Captain and he said the A220 was the easiest airplane he has ever flown and he loves it. Other opinions may vary.... The bigger 300 version will be even better.
Good to hear!
Quote: Just talked to a NY based Captain and he said the A220 was the easiest airplane he has ever flown and he loves it. Other opinions may vary.... The bigger 300 version will be even better.
Besides slightly more pay, what's going to be better about the 300?
Quote: FAA? Hammer? They’re so understaffed they couldn’t even send someone to buy a hammer. At best they’ll let the engine manufacturer assure them that everything is all right.
All government agencies are understaffed. And underfunded.

Just ask any government employee.

(Or any commercial airline pilot, now that I think about it)
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to