Norwegian - JetBlue hookup

Subscribe
Norwegian and JetBlue announce partnership:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN1WW1BX
Seems line a very smart move that makes a lot of sense.
Quote: Seems line a very smart move that makes a lot of sense.
Unless it spells the end of JetBlues plans to fly to Europe.
Quote: Unless it spells the end of JetBlues plans to fly to Europe.
Pretty sure it’s the opposite.
At least that’s where my $5 is.
Isn’t JetBlue ALPA? What do the pilots have to say about teaming up with this flag of convenience operation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
An excerpt from a Travel Weekly article (17 September, 2019)

Quote:
In a letter sent to leaders of the House and Senate transportation committees last week, IATA and other organizations in the travel and shipping industries argued that the "flag of convenience" clause would violate the aviation agreement between the U.S. and the European Union, under which airlines are able to fly unfettered across the Atlantic.

Among the signatories of the letter are JetBlue, Atlas Air, UPS and FedEx. But Delta, United and American, which opposed the Norwegian air permit, are among the carriers that didn't sign on. Airline trade group Airlines for America is silent on the proposal.
Quote: An excerpt from a Travel Weekly article (17 September, 2019)
If you can't beat em sorta thing...
Quote: Isn’t JetBlue ALPA? What do the pilots have to say about teaming up with this flag of convenience operation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The ambiguity of the whole operation is very confusing. They present one brand but have 5 operating certificates with 5 callsigns. NAI, the most dubious of them all, has closed all their domiciles in the US and has no more flights operating to/from the US. But I’m sure that a passenger flying on NAI can connect on another Norwegian flight and end up landing in the US, and then connecting on a jetBlue flight.
Quote: The ambiguity of the whole operation is very confusing. They present one brand but have 5 operating certificates with 5 callsigns. NAI, the most dubious of them all, has closed all their domiciles in the US and has no more flights operating to/from the US. But I’m sure that a passenger flying on NAI can connect on another Norwegian flight and end up landing in the US, and then connecting on a jetBlue flight.
Sort of like how U.S. airlines operate. You can buy a ticket on Delta, but may end up flying on Delta, SkyWest, Republic, Endeavor, GoJet, or Compass. All of them operating under the Delta brand, all of them operating under different AOCs, callsigns, unions, contracts, and work rules.
Quote: Sort of like how U.S. airlines operate. You can buy a ticket on Delta, but may end up flying on Delta, SkyWest, Republic, Endeavor, GoJet, or Compass. All of them operating under the Delta brand, all of them operating under different AOCs, callsigns, unions, contracts, and work rules.
That's a good point, and valid too.