1500 Multi-engine requirement?!

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Just heard from an F-16 bro that the app now requires 1500 hours multi-engine time. When he input his time, including over 3,600 F-16 hours, it shows he’s not qualified. Guess if that’s the case, the whole F-16 community is now excluded from the FedEx hiring pool...
Quote: Just heard from an F-16 bro that the app now requires 1500 hours multi-engine time. When he input his time, including over 3,600 F-16 hours, it shows he’s not qualified. Guess if that’s the case, the whole F-16 community is now excluded from the FedEx hiring pool...
I say he's wrong. Couldn't you go look for yourself before posting rumor?

First page of the application:

"Do you have at least 1500 hours total fixed-wing time as PIC or SIC in multi-engine turbo-prop or jet A/C or combination thereof."
Quote: I say he's wrong. Couldn't you go look for yourself before posting rumor?

"Do you have at least 1500 hours total fixed-wing time as PIC or SIC in multi-engine turbo-prop or jet A/C or combination thereof."
I could read that either way. They should probably clarify if they mean ME turboprop OR jet of any class.
The is cut and paste from the front page of the career website.

Flight Hours

1500 hours total fixed-wing
1000 hours PIC in jet aircraft is preferred; multi-engine turbo-prop aircraft, 12,500 pounds or greater; certain single engine turbo-prop aircraft, or combination thereof. A minimum of 500 hours PIC as described is required.
Quote:
F-16 community is now excluded from the FedEx hiring pool...
In other news how does flying a single seat fighter qualify you for “heavy” long haul?

C5/KC135/C130/C17 I get that yeah.
Quote: I could read that either way. They should probably clarify if they mean ME turboprop OR jet of any class.
If they just said "1000 hours jet a/c" would you still question it and think they needed to say jet of any class?

The OR is there for a reason.
Quote: The is cut and paste from the front page of the career website.

Flight Hours

1500 hours total fixed-wing
1000 hours PIC in jet aircraft is preferred; multi-engine turbo-prop aircraft, 12,500 pounds or greater; certain single engine turbo-prop aircraft, or combination thereof. A minimum of 500 hours PIC as described is required.
That makes more sense. Sort of.
Quote: In other news how does flying a single seat fighter qualify you for “heavy” long haul?

No previous airplane experience does. That is why you go through a training program and you become qualified.
Quote: I say he's wrong. Couldn't you go look for yourself before posting rumor?

Wow, no slack zone. Not rumor. Jeez.. Couldn’t you read my post more thoroughly? It’s what he experienced on the app after he input his time. Maybe he didn’t check some box correctly. Figured folks on here would have first hand knowledge/experience of the process and be willing to share in a non-judgmental pilot to pilot way, but apparently there’s always at least one... Thanks for the valuable input. Bet you’re a blast to fly with.
Quote: In other news how does flying a single seat fighter qualify you for “heavy” long haul?

Ignorant... and they say fighter guys have an attitude problem...
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to