Future of ERJ Movement?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Hey guys,

I have a CRJ class date coming up in feb. Until recently, ERJ classes were out of reach. I have been leaning towards CRJ regardless due to the (from what I hear) quicker movement and more flying available. But with the recent Delta/Compass thing, along with more new ERJs on the horizon, does anyone think ERJ movement could come close to or even surpass CRJ?

I could still change to ERJ. I’m just trying to make the right decision for the future and fly as much as possible. The ERJ bases are better for me so if the two become equal then I may as well switch. I’m planning to move to Denver so am curious to hear the comparison there, but would consider other west coast bases as well.

Thanks!
Quote: Hey guys,

I have a CRJ class date coming up in feb. Until recently, ERJ classes were out of reach. I have been leaning towards CRJ regardless due to the (from what I hear) quicker movement and more flying available. But with the recent Delta/Compass thing, along with more new ERJs on the horizon, does anyone think ERJ movement could come close to or even surpass CRJ?

I could still change to ERJ. I’m just trying to make the right decision for the future and fly as much as possible. The ERJ bases are better for me so if the two become equal then I may as well switch. I’m planning to move to Denver so am curious to hear the comparison there, but would consider other west coast bases as well.

Thanks!
It certainly possible. Eventually all the 200s are going to reach the end of their life and we need to find a replacement.

If you're still a ways out from class, i'd say go for it. The rumor around the LGA base closing seems to be floating around a lot more so it's plausible as we get more flying out west..
Quote: It certainly possible. Eventually all the 200s are going to reach the end of their life and we need to find a replacement.

If you're still a ways out from class, i'd say go for it. The rumor around the LGA base closing seems to be floating around a lot more so it's plausible as we get more flying out west..
Except every op spec change we add more used 200’s!!! Some low time PSA ones..
Quote: Except every op spec change we add more used 200’s!!! Some low time PSA ones..
I think many of them they have 10-15 years life left, unless the economics change for the worse.
Quote: I think many of them they have 10-15 years life left, unless the economics change for the worse.
Last time the economy changed, more 200’s showed up...
I did CTP and indoc in March. The guys in my CTP class who chose CRJ are moving much quicker, holding lines in DEN & SLC already. I was senior in my ERJ class and only got a line in LGA this month, in any other base it'll be many months away still.

For movement pick CRJ, for nicer trips with longer legs and perhaps a base closer to you pick ERJ. Don't forget you can always upgrade straight from ERJ to CRJ after 1000hrs so whatever you pick you'll be able to change your mind ~18 months later haha
Quote: I did CTP and indoc in March. The guys in my CTP class who chose CRJ are moving much quicker, holding lines in DEN & SLC already. I was senior in my ERJ class and only got a line in LGA this month, in any other base it'll be many months away still.

For movement pick CRJ, for nicer trips with longer legs and perhaps a base closer to you pick ERJ. Don't forget you can always upgrade straight from ERJ to CRJ after 1000hrs so whatever you pick you'll be able to change your mind ~18 months later haha
This is a good point. The advantage is you would end up with two type ratings and a better QOL for the first two years.

The disadvantage is upgrading into a new airframe is definitely more challenging. It’s done all the time though.
Quote: Except every op spec change we add more used 200’s!!! Some low time PSA ones..
Whats low time on a 200?
Quote: I did CTP and indoc in March. The guys in my CTP class who chose CRJ are moving much quicker, holding lines in DEN & SLC already. I was senior in my ERJ class and only got a line in LGA this month, in any other base it'll be many months away still.

This is exactly what I have heard about ERJ which is why I didn't choose it. Hard to tell if that will change with all the west coast flying and possible closing of LGA...but I guess everyone has shiny jet syndrome so maybe CRJ is still the safest bet haha.

What do you guys think would be more difficult - upgrading from CRJ to ERJ or ERJ to CRJ?
When you're dating a fat ugly lady, it's easy to upgrade to a Victoria Secret model but if you got used to a model.... It's harder to start dating an ugly lady.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to