JetBlue - Southwest

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
Quote: Which is exactly the opposite of what I was told by mark powers a week after we lost the bid. Raising the price was a good thing he said. But we really wanted virgin.
The point was: don’t listen to management.

They have earned it.
Quote: So typically does an airline have to pay a premium on market cap to acquire another one?

I’d love it if they merged the two airlines as we could kick some serious butt together.
Yes, the analyst who started this frenzy speculated that JBLU would be worth $28/share in a merger, which is just over $8bil valuation.
Interesting. Since the economy hasn't started tanking yet, this MAX problem might be a good excuse for mergers.

And like 97% of my merger related posts, this will still lead to a Ual/ JetBlue merger . Southwest just wants to start the process to get outbid, but get real estate and some 737s from the Ual side.

Done deal.
Actually was told by a wn flight attendant on Sunday that they were buying us soon. Haha, good timing for this thread
Quote: Guys I’m not sure what you’re passivagresively arguing about...

JetBlue will grow organically. They’ve said it for years. It’s in the secret sauce.
No mergers ever. And the silly VA thing you’re going to bring up... that was a scheme to get Alaska to pay way too much. We didn’t even want them.
I'm sure there is a sarcasm tag in there right?
Can AS and B6 merge? We're both blue and white. We're on opposite ends of the coast for big bases. And we'd still be the 5th largest airline.
Quote: Can AS and B6 merge? We're both blue and white. We're on opposite ends of the coast for big bases. And we'd still be the 5th largest airline.
As long AAG’s scope language doesn’t come with it!
Quote: I'm sure there is a sarcasm tag in there right?
Pffffff, no. Totally serious. Ask any of JB management they’ll tell you so.
LOL! Right on
I’d hope not. It’ll be to the bottom of the list for B6.
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to