Spirit interview/hire with LOE failure?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
So I am really interested in working for Spirit. I have a number of friends that work there and love it. I have recently applied and taken the Gallup test. My question is do they interview/hire with 1 LOE failure? I have no problem explaining what happened and how I learned from the experience. I have 9,500TT and 1,800 PIC with 12.5 years at a regional. Thanks for the information.
How long was the failure? If it was 5 years ago, I don’t see it being a problem. If it was 6 months ago, you will probably need to let some more time pass.
Early 2017.
I think there’s a question on the app asking if you’ve failed a checkride within the past 5 years. No idea how much bearing that has on getting selected for an interview. Like most others have said, I’d recommend going to a MTC event. As long as you own up to it and learned from it, doubt it will be an issue.
What’s an LOE? Is that like a LOFT?
Quote: What’s an LOE? Is that like a LOFT?
Line Oriented Evaluation, run a lot like a LOFT. It's typically the only "jeopardy" and PRIA reportable event of an AQP curriculum.
Quote: What’s an LOE? Is that like a LOFT?
The Type ride equivalent of AQP.
It was during AQP. Yes i did disclose it on the application. I will be attending a Meet the Chief event in December. Thanks for the info.
Quote: Early 2017.
Were you changing types within your company?

The training at Spirit is fair but the tempo is a bit more challenging than many have previously experienced, which I’m sure you have read if you’ve done your due diligence.

As someone else has alluded to, the event itself is not necessarily a disqualification, but time and successful training event since certainly reduces its significance, and at just under 3 years it is still a topic to be discussed.

If I were you I would take some time to work out how you answer questions about it. In a stressful situation like an interview or even talking to a chief pilot it is easy to get tongue tied or come off sounding defensive.

Although it’s not for everyone, this is the type of thing an interview prep company can help with a lot. Whether it’s here at Spirit or another interview, having someone to work with to turn a blemish on your resume into something that could actually help you get the job is money well spent. Just my $.02
Quote: Were you changing types within your company?

The training at Spirit is fair but the tempo is a bit more challenging than many have previously experienced, which I’m sure you have read if you’ve done your due diligence.

As someone else has alluded to, the event itself is not necessarily a disqualification, but time and successful training event since certainly reduces its significance, and at just under 3 years it is still a topic to be discussed.

If I were you I would take some time to work out how you answer questions about it. In a stressful situation like an interview or even talking to a chief pilot it is easy to get tongue tied or come off sounding defensive.

Although it’s not for everyone, this is the type of thing an interview prep company can help with a lot. Whether it’s here at Spirit or another interview, having someone to work with to turn a blemish on your resume into something that could actually help you get the job is money well spent. Just my $.02

Thank you for the advice. I fully expect it to come up in an interview or in a Meet the Chief. I am prepared to answer the question and how I have learned from it. I will talk to a interview prep company once i have an interview or before the Meet the Chief's event to get a 2nd opinion and some practice.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to