100 resigned AAWW

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
The numbers we are getting. 100 people have / will resigned during Nov/ Dec between AAWW/SA for class dates at other airlines in Dec / January.

Based on latest figures ( 5 net per year ) it will take 18 years +/- to replace those 100 pilots.
I don't know if this is accurate but if it is with the peak shipping season upon us this is really bad news for AAWW
Quote: I don't know if this is accurate but if it is with the peak shipping season upon us this is really bad news for AAWW
We had 6 resign that I personally know just last week. Consider all the interviews that take place in the fall for January classes. It’s entirely possible
Quote: I don't know if this is accurate but if it is with the peak shipping season upon us this is really bad news for AAWW
In theory if it's for January they'd be available for peak, BUT I bet a ton of those would be calling in sick in December.
This is going to be hard on the company and the NMB and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, what with the 13th amendment and all...

Maybe they should have negotiated in good faith. Then they might not be seeing a mass exodus of experienced guys and newbies coming only long enough to get a type rating consolidated.

I don't think there's an airline management team that hates their pilots more than AAWW. A big driver in all of this disaster is pure, unadulterated hate.
Let them have it
Let management feel the full effects of pay shortage. Once this is done, hopefully they will be banned from managing another 121 airline.
Quote: I don't think there's an airline management team that hates their pilots more than AAWW.
There’s one in a cornfield in Ohio that would give them a run for their money.
Quote:
Investors in Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings had a tough year, with a total loss of 44%, against a market gain of about 2.3%. However, keep in mind that even the best stocks will sometimes underperform the market over a twelve month period. On the bright side, long term shareholders have made money, with a gain of 1.4% per year over half a decade. It could be that the recent sell-off is an opportunity, so it may be worth checking the fundamental data for signs of a long term growth trend.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/those...131738233.html

Ahhh, a gain of 1.4% per year for a half a decade.

[sarcasm]Just the thing I want to put in my 401k. [/sarcasm]

I wonder if the investors will eventually sue management for misleading shareholders, a la FedEx? Last earnings call led me to believe they're starting to see through the thin veil, and it's only going to get worse from there.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to