Kalitta II

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
To all Kalitta II crewmembers. I’ve heard that a checkairman has been passing out decertification cards for you to sign. Not to move to another Union but to go non-union and be at the company’s mercy. Before you sign the cards and vote think about this. 99% of the airlines in the US are Union. There is a reason for that. I understand that not everyone likes Unions and everyone is entitled to their opinion. But Unions were formed to protect their members and improve your working conditions. If you are not happy please contact your Union officials to include the President of your local. Let him know why you are dissatisfied and what the Union can do to help you.
Not being in a Union will be detrimental not only to those that are presently at your carrier but also to future crewmembers.
Don’t let the company dangle a carrot in front of you. If they are doing that then your going to get that carrot anyways. They are just trying to make you pay for it.
What is the Company saying they will do for a 'no union' vote?
Are they Teamsters 1224?? If so not a good track record, I think Kalitta Air voted them out too.
Quote: Are they Teamsters 1224?? If so not a good track record, I think Kalitta Air voted them out too.
K4 went to ALPA. Most of us at K4 don't have any feelers on the other operations, don't know what it's like.
Were the pilots at K4 displeased with the level of service from IBT??
The Teamsters at K2 are pretty much useless. They only represent the 727 pilots. They won't be missed. I hear the plan is to bring ALPA aboard, they are a much better union imho.
Quote: Were the pilots at K4 displeased with the level of service from IBT??
Bingo! Thats exactly what happened.
Quote: Were the pilots at K4 displeased with the level of service from IBT??
ALPA is better.
K4’s current CBA is a result of IBT. I guess we’ll see how ALPA does in about 5-6 years.
5-6 yrs I thought the company and the pilots were opening negotiations early?
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to