United E145 Consolidation

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
New rumors afoot, with the possible sale of a TSH property. Could this mean that a consolidation under ManaAir for 145 operators for United. Delta has started a consolidation of Regionals, can united or American follow suit?
Quote: New rumors afoot, with the possible sale of a TSH property. Could this mean that a consolidation under ManaAir for 145 operators for United. Delta has started a consolidation of Regionals, can united or American follow suit?
That would be very expensive and entirely unnecessary. It’s would be much more feasible to sunset contracts and transfer frames to other certificates, then rehire the pilots. Mergers and acquisitions consume too much time, effort, and money.
Quote: New rumors afoot, with the possible sale of a TSH property. Could this mean that a consolidation under ManaAir for 145 operators for United. Delta has started a consolidation of Regionals, can united or American follow suit?
What rumors?
Quote: What rumors?

You know...."rumors"

Also known as self thought up ways people make drama.
Quote: That would be very expensive and entirely unnecessary. It’s would be much more feasible to sunset contracts and transfer frames to other certificates, then rehire the pilots. Mergers and acquisitions consume too much time, effort, and money.
Normally yes. But in today's climate I don't think there will be as much of that happening as in the past... you may not be able to re-construct an experienced regional pilot group if you let them all go.
Quote: Normally yes. But in today's climate I don't think there will be as much of that happening as in the past... you may not be able to re-construct an experienced regional pilot group if you let them all go.

Very true. The pilots may be the most valuable asset at a regional today. If United let’s a group of their regional pilots walk there will be far too many to tolerate that will go to A and D carriers.
Could explain why C5 will possibly start operating ORD-DEN twice daily starting mid March.
Quote: That would be very expensive and entirely unnecessary. It’s would be much more feasible to sunset contracts and transfer frames to other certificates, then rehire the pilots. Mergers and acquisitions consume too much time, effort, and money.
Not in today’s market. Cancelled flights are much more expensive.
Consolidations, mergers, buyouts and bankruptcies are coming.

Pilots are the new currency.....
as predicted
Quote: New rumors afoot, with the possible sale of a TSH property.
Can you enlighten us on which TSH property? Asking for a friend...
Quote: Can you enlighten us on which TSH property? Asking for a friend...
I have to assume it's the only TSH airline that flies E145s, not that I've heard any rumors outside of this thread.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to