Checked bag question for jumpseat

Subscribe
Nonreving to international through Atlanta tomorrow. Atlanta is full as expected but the international leg wide open. I have the jumpseat to Atlanta reserved. Anyone had good luck with checking a bag all the way through on a mixed trip with both a jumpseat and non rev reservation? Want to make sure my bag makes it since the bag won’t get sent if I dont check in under the correct reservation.

Also dont want to book my self all the way there on the jumpseat in order to maximize the chances of Delta one.
Quote: Nonreving to international through Atlanta tomorrow. Atlanta is full as expected but the international leg wide open. I have the jumpseat to Atlanta reserved. Anyone had good luck with checking a bag all the way through on a mixed trip with both a jumpseat and non rev reservation? Want to make sure my bag makes it since the bag won’t get sent if I dont check in under the correct reservation.

Also dont want to book my self all the way there on the jumpseat in order to maximize the chances of Delta one.
That will be two reservations so I'd be skeptical that it would make it all the way without having to be rechecked. Can you gate check it for the second leg or is it too large of a bag?
Quote: Nonreving to international through Atlanta tomorrow. Atlanta is full as expected but the international leg wide open. I have the jumpseat to Atlanta reserved. Anyone had good luck with checking a bag all the way through on a mixed trip with both a jumpseat and non rev reservation? Want to make sure my bag makes it since the bag won’t get sent if I dont check in under the correct reservation.

I’ve never done it international but plenty of times domestic. The gate agent can some how tie the 2 separate reservations so the checked bags go through. I do it all the time to/from AK and other destinations.
Quote: I’ve never done it international but plenty of times domestic. The gate agent can some how tie the 2 separate reservations so the checked bags go through. I do it all the time to/from AK and other destinations.
The above is the correct answer however not all agents know how to do it. Last year I had a agent struggle with it for 15 minutes and give up telling me I would need to claim and recheck my bag in ATL. In Dec I had a agent do it correctly in less than a minute.
Quote: The above is the correct answer however not all agents know how to do it. Last year I had a agent struggle with it for 15 minutes and give up telling me I would need to claim and recheck my bag in ATL. In Dec I had a agent do it correctly in less than a minute.
Thats the catch. It does take some extra knowledge and effort on their part so you have to hope you didn’t draw the short straw in gate agent roulette.
I've run into a similar problem checking bags as a nonrev. Some will check the bag all the way through regardless (preferred method for me), and some will force the bag to wait until you clear.

I know American and United give you the option, at Delta it's gate agent roulette.