Life at Spirit

Subscribe
30  70  76  77  78  79  80 
Page 80 of 80
Go to
Quote: Like 3 of my buddies are in reserve. It shows up in their schedule. Sooooo….
It’s FICA’s code for “immovable day off” for RSV pilots. Pretty much just a formality, I’ve never heard of days being moved around, but it’s in the contract that you get 8 “immovable days off” when on RSV. The other off days are movable under certain conditions. GDO is just telling you what your “immovable days off” are.
Quote: Well I hope you're just being cute with the terminology and don't actually believe there's no such language in the CBA. True, "GDO" does not appear in the CBA; it's a term that got its designation from who-knows-where in CrewTrac. The interchangeable term used (and accepted by the company and ALPA) is "immovable day off", which is defined in 25.B.3.4. And there absolutely is such a thing.
GDO means a very specific thing at other airlines. It doesn’t exist in our contract, so it doesn’t exist.
When a pilot is awarded a reserve line they have the opportunity to designate 4 of the 8 immovable days off, scheduling designates the remaining 4.
Just an additional detail, FWIW.
Quote: GDO means a very specific thing at other airlines. It doesn’t exist in our contract, so it doesn’t exist.
So you were given the benefit the doubt, led specifically to the language that has the equivalent of a "GDO" clearly defined, and you still insist it doesn't exist? Are you high?
Quote: It’s FICA’s code for “immovable day off” for RSV pilots. Pretty much just a formality, I’ve never heard of days being moved around, but it’s in the contract that you get 8 “immovable days off” when on RSV. The other off days are movable under certain conditions. GDO is just telling you what your “immovable days off” are.
Scheduling absolutely has moved reserve days around, they know what they are and how to move them, and have been found in violation of the contract when they've done so contrary to the language, eventually paying up in the form of NCC and/or grievance settlements in the process. Don't give up language we have because you assume it to be a "formality".
Quote: Scheduling absolutely has moved reserve days around, they know what they are and how to move them, and have been found in violation of the contract when they've done so contrary to the language, eventually paying up in the form of NCC and/or grievance settlements in the process. Don't give up language we have because you assume it to be a "formality".
Ok. Cool. That’s not what anybody’s talking about.
Quote: Not at my age and with my paltry retirement savings. I want to make as much as I can in the next couple years and invest the majority of it. Compound interest bro.

I’ll make almost twice as much money at Envoy in the first 3 years than Spirit as of now.
If you're too old to move to another airline at your age, as you say, than what response are expecting to get on a Spirit forum? Or any forum, in general?

I'm not really sure what you expect anyone to say, being that you seem content where you are?
30  70  76  77  78  79  80 
Page 80 of 80
Go to