Near Entry Captain

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to
Just curious what this pays starting out and the scoop???
Quote: Just curious what this pays starting out and the scoop???

Do you have any clue of how many DEC’s or NEC they fire here before they reach their probation period?
Quote: Do you have any clue of how many DEC’s or NEC they fire here before they reach their probation period?
No I don’t. I haven’t heard of any DEC get fired. Unless they guy that turned the wrong way out of ORD a while back.
Quote: No I don’t. I haven’t heard of any DEC get fired. Unless they guy that turned the wrong way out of ORD a while back.
Perhaps you need to start taking a look at the reserve list often in all bases from now on!
Maybe we can start by answering the question people want answers not how many people get fired
Quote: Do you have any clue of how many DEC’s or NEC they fire here before they reach their probation period?
Cant say I have heard about it either, so if it is happening they are leaving quietly, which may mean they deserved it. Otherwise, why would ask a question to the OP who is asking a question? They dont have access to reserve lists.
Quote: Just curious what this pays starting out and the scoop???
In terms of pay, I think they are offering up to 37K for past experience, however that seems to be ever changing so I could be wrong. In terms of QOL, you will get the 145 if not in new hire, on the next vacancy due to displacements and your seniority. On that topic, you will be forever junior and I would plan on at least a couple years in LGA sitting reserve.

If you need the bonus money, need the PIC right away or need the flow, it may be worth it. If those three dont jive with you, I would suggest looking elsewhere simply because you will have a bunch of FO's upgrading on top of you. Also, I would try to live in base given your situation as a new DEC.
Quote: No I don’t. I haven’t heard of any DEC get fired. Unless they guy that turned the wrong way out of ORD a while back.
The CA is back on the line.
I know exactly how many.
It's not many. Less than 5 last year.
So the pay is 1st year captain and not first year FO?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to