leave legacy for corp?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to
Thanks for the input. Tough decision. I need to dive more into the position and get some more details, I would switch to get a mostly Mon-Fri, done by 5pm schedule and no commute. I feel like life is about relationships and there doesnt seem to be many at the airline level, you meet a crew and poof, you never see them again. 15yrs to go so I could sit as a senior FO and make my own schedule and make about what the corp guys make. I do agree, the job security at my legacy feels rock solid right now.

Thanks for all the replies
What would happen at the corporate gig if you lose your medical and can't fly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To each their own but corporate gigs can vanish in a heartbeat and fewer benefits or job protection if the client/owner decides they don’t like you. Economic downturn? Jet is the first thing to go, even before the mistress.

Seems very few corporate jobs are legit awesome and truly long term. YMMV but do tons of research, a legacy job is a lot to walk away from.
I fly 91 right now and I am trying very hard to get to a major. I thought my current 91 job was a dream. And while it’s been decent, the flying has reduced and the department is trying to save money. On top of that, one of the owners wants us to push the envelope. That is the WORST part about corporate. Some of these passengers know better than you....
its a fortune 100 company if that makes any difference with a long track record in corp aviation
Quote: its a fortune 100 company if that makes any difference with a long track record in corp aviation

What happens if you lose your medical?

Quote: What happens if you lose your medical?

Its number 1 on my list of questions
Quote: its a fortune 100 company if that makes any difference with a long track record in corp aviation
It might...but GE was a Fortune 50 company when the flight department shut down.
Quote: I feel like life is about relationships and there doesnt seem to be many at the airline level, you meet a crew and poof, you never see them again.

Thanks for all the replies
This is almost crazy to hear as a reason, but I 100% agree that we all value different things. This is a job, not match.com. I don’t need friends, I need a paycheck and stability and time at home to see my actual friends. While it’s a fun job and I’ve made many “work” friends, it’s still just my job and not my social life. Those are kept separate.
Airline flying isn’t for everyone.
Most of the replies you get on here will be money focused.
Quality of life is important and it is different depending on the situational.
You shouldn’t expect much of a varied opinion coming from an AIRLINE centric forum though!
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to