Anyone move to SDF for UPS?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 5 of 5
Go to
Quote: This is why so many pilots live in Oldham Co. KY or Floyd Co. IN...very good neighborhood schools and a ~30min drive to the parking lot.
Yep. We are quite happy with our schools in Oldham. Engaged teachers/administrators. Lots of school programs. Housing cost more in Oldham than Jefferson but I’ll take it over paying private school.
Quote: Curious how many live in Lexington.
At least two on the Z
I'll be living exactly 2 hours from SDF. Is that close enough to sit reserve or at least be short enough for most trips? What would be considered about the max driving distance? although I'm sure it's partially a personal preference
Quote: I'll be living exactly 2 hours from SDF. Is that close enough to sit reserve or at least be short enough for most trips? What would be considered about the max driving distance? although I'm sure it's partially a personal preference
1.5 hour callout for Reserve. I’m sure some people game it, but it would be crazy to do so on probation and unnecessary stress once off. If you are exactly 2 hours away that means that by the time you throw on your uniform and hop in your vehicle you will be showing up at Edgewood at 2+15 or 45 minutes late. That won’t go well for you. Most guys who enjoy bidding reserve so they can maximize time in their own house are within an hour of Edgewood. This gives you a pad so you aren’t stressing about if you will make it on time.
Quote: I'll be living exactly 2 hours from SDF. Is that close enough to sit reserve or at least be short enough for most trips? What would be considered about the max driving distance? although I'm sure it's partially a personal preference
90 minute min callout for reserve in SDF.

That said, plenty of lineholders live ~2hr drive away.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 5 of 5
Go to