Moving up thru the ranks

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
I've been told that as a new hire / regional flow pilot at AA, you could possibly be an F/O on the 777 or 787, 2 to 2.5 years after joining AA.
Is this true, or just wishful dreaming?
Quote: not really but who knows. right now it sits at about six years.
I’m too lazy to look up the actual timeframe but it’s definitely not six years closer to about four and dropping
Quote: I've been told that as a new hire / regional flow pilot at AA, you could possibly be an F/O on the 777 or 787, 2 to 2.5 years after joining AA.
​​​For now it is wishful dreaming. Junior group 4 FO is a Fall 2014 hire. Junior group 3 FO is a little over a year.
Quote: I've been told that as a new hire / regional flow pilot at AA, you could possibly be an F/O on the 777 or 787, 2 to 2.5 years after joining AA.
Its roughly 4 to 5 years at current numbers. Same for left seat narrow body. But the closest alligator to your canoe is worrying about how long it’ll take before you don’t have to commute on short call anymore. After months of spending no more than 48 hours at home at a time..you won’t care about anything else.
Quote: Its roughly 4 to 5 years at current numbers. Same for left seat narrow body. But the closest alligator to your canoe is worrying about how long it’ll take before you don’t have to commute on short call anymore. After months of spending no more than 48 hours at home at a time..you won’t care about anything else.
Narrow body Captain just went well below 4 years.
Junior 777 FO is a December 2014 hire. Junior 787 is October 2015. Rather than guess I actually looked it up.
Quote: Junior 777 FO is a December 2014 hire. Junior 787 is October 2015. Rather than guess I actually looked it up.
That’s not how the internet works.
Quote: that’s not how the internet works.

😂

< filler >
Quote: Junior 777 FO is a December 2014 hire. Junior 787 is October 2015. Rather than guess I actually looked it up.
Except those are the numbers for someone hired 6 years ago. Not for someone hired today.
Quote: Its roughly 4 to 5 years at current numbers. Same for left seat narrow body. But the closest alligator to your canoe is worrying about how long it’ll take before you don’t have to commute on short call anymore. After months of spending no more than 48 hours at home at a time..you won’t care about anything else.
short call goes more senior for widebody
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to