United Airlines poised to slash payroll costs

Subscribe
5  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  25 
Page 15 of 27
Go to
We make more because we SHOULD. Most of them have a BA or BS and a clean(ish) resume. None of them possess an ATP license in addition to a 4-year degree. None of them spent years building time (while earning peanuts) only after acquiring a VERY expensive credential. None of them (probably) schlepped their carcass all over the globe in the military service of Uncle Sam. None of them have the responsibilities that our crews have. Yes, most of you know this but I am sick of reading comments from those who don't.

Let's not start selling ourselves short (again) the instant the feces begin splattering the fan blades. Let's see what the legislation and ALPA can do for us. And let's not make dicks of ourselves with perceived intransigence in the presence of the lower-paid employees. They already think we're prima donnas.

Any bailout provided by the employees needs to be guaranteed to be repaid with interest.
Quote: We make more because we SHOULD. Most of them have a BA or BS and a clean(ish) resume. None of them possess an ATP license in addition to a 4-year degree. None of them spent years building time (while earning peanuts) only after acquiring a VERY expensive credential. None of them (probably) schlepped their carcass all over the globe in the military service of Uncle Sam. None of them have the responsibilities that our crews have. Yes, most of you know this but I am sick of reading comments from those who don't.

Let's not start selling ourselves short (again) the instant the feces begin splattering the fan blades. Let's see what the legislation and ALPA can do for us. And let's not make dicks of ourselves with perceived intransigence in the presence of the lower-paid employees. They already think we're prima donnas.

Any bailout provided by the employees needs to be guaranteed to be repaid with interest.
Preach on Brother Bat......again!
Quote: Incredible. Sharing the crap out of this.
Absolutely. I have been so already.
Quote: Because they are managed to weather the average downturn and not survive 3 months with nearly zero income. C suites prepared for the most likely economic setback and not the worst possible outcome.

I hope the airlines are required to put aside enough retained earnings to operate without income for 3-6 months in the future. But that has not been the benchmark for institutional financial security up to this point.

People should have 6 months of money set aside because it is far more likely for an individual to lose a job and be unemployed than it is for 100,000 employee, multi, multi billion dollar companies to be suddenly shut down in a mass panic.

Btw, calling this a downturn is akin to calling the Titanic a minor boating accident. This is orders of magnitude worse than the run of the mill recession.
By that measure, we should only train for engine outs at cruise, and never bother practicing V1 cuts! I mean.......what are the chances that that we should ever have to deal with losing one at the WORST possible moment

SMH....
Quote: Grants...ALPA's call to action bombarded me yesterday to write my senator to plead for Grant's...oh NOT! I love my job but were a corporation it's not the American taxpayers job to give money to greedy executives that could weather this storm...I say no to grants and no to apla for asking for grants...I'll sit home on unemployment
The airlines must get cash to be made whole because the Government has said to citizens to not travel unless it’s essential. The biggest reason why the airlines must be bailed out is because the airlines funnel a lot of money into the National and Global economy. Allowing these airlines to fail would throw us into a global depression. It would likely make the Great Depression seem mild. Unemployment would exceed the Great Depression’s 25%. It would create a global financial apocalypse.
Quote: By that measure, we should only train for engine outs at cruise, and never bother practicing V1 cuts! I mean.......what are the chances that that we should ever have to deal with losing one at the WORST possible moment

SMH....
Its called risk management.
Quote: Its called risk management.
I would argue that any risk management that results in furlough and slashing your work force was poorly executed.
Quote: https://www.epsilontheory.com/do-the-right-thing/
Wow. Best analysis I've read of this whole shtshow. I wish every single pilot (heck, every single American) read this. It should be required reading.
Quote: Wow. Best analysis I've read of this whole shtshow. I wish every single pilot (heck, every single American) read this. It should be required reading.

The problem is Airline CEOs won’t want to limit their compensation, or their ability to enrich the shareholder when they can just have the Worker bees take massive paycuts...... ain’t America great?
Quote: The problem is Airline CEOs won’t want to limit their compensation, or their ability to enrich the shareholder when they can just have the Worker bees take massive paycuts...... ain’t America great?
Can you blame them? It’s worked every time so far.
“Greed is good.”
-Gordon Gecko
5  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  25 
Page 15 of 27
Go to