Mandatory two week quarantine for NY to FL

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to
Florida’s Republican Governor Ron DeSantis is issuing an executive order to require passengers flying from NY/NJ to Florida to endure a TWO WEEK quarantine!! We may as well cancel all future NY-FL service. All flights will be empty, everyone will be driving now and all truckstop motels in SC will be packed.

No idea how this will impact commuters.
Quote: Florida’s Republican Governor Ron DeSantis is issuing an executive order to require passengers flying from NY/NJ to Florida to endure a TWO WEEK quarantine!! We may as well cancel all future NY-FL service. All flights will be empty, everyone will be driving now and all truckstop motels in SC will be packed.

No idea how this will impact commuters.
I think like everything else we are exempt due to being “essential workers”.
Quote: I think like everything else we are exempt due to being “essential workers”.
but if the flights cancel, there’s no way to get out.

pay protected? I hope so
Quote: but if the flights cancel, there’s no way to get out.

pay protected? I hope so
Good point, I hope so. It’s definitely getting crazy out there!
A little late....

Friday and Saturday, MCO and RSW were hopping and business as usual. Florida is going to kill A LOT of old people.
The Florida airports are packed. TSA checkpoints working at half capacity and shoulder to shoulder lines out the door. It's a joke.
If it’s”self quarantine “ it’s worthless. No one, especially old farts, pays any attention to these things.

”Social distancing” too vague. How about “stay home, and grocery shop once a week, max”?

Now...fining people for not wearing masks in public.....Did wonders in SAN 1917. .... then failed in November when the public refused to do it anymore.
Quote: A little late....

Friday and Saturday, MCO and RSW were hopping and business as usual. Florida is going to kill A LOT of old people.
Is that a bad thing? Solving the snow bird problem.
Odd that we are somehow exempt from this. It's like we can't transmit the disease or something.
Well as far as I can tell, all quarantines are self quarantines. I haven't seen anyone standing g with rifles enforcing people stay in their homes...makes sense though since 90% of my 320 trips are NYC to Florida! I seriously recommend just shutting NYC completely down for 2 weeks and then reassessing. The threat to the crews is real. The cleanliness of the aircraft is dubious at best, at least on the flight deck. Maybe I'm missing something, and I'm definitely not a virologist...although I play one on TV, but wouldnt common sense just dictate to distance yourself from arguably the newest hot spot on the entire planet? Uber or taxi back and forth to crash pad, or hotel, just exposes us each infinitely to potential exposure. It just seems that the most likely conduit for national contamination is through airline travel, unless rail service has picked up or people are all the sudden flocking to greyhound.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to