Initial Involuntary Furlough letters

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 18
Go to
Quote: from what I’m seeing it stopped at 382of 466 I believe so about 20% on furlough give or take, then most that stayed most likely got 40 hour long call reserve, and I’m to believe if may schedule doesn’t reflect more flying hours more will be furloughed, they won’t pay 40 hours if guys are not getting activated off long call
It would depend on United’s projections of near term future needs.
I would think.
Quote: It would depend on United’s projections of near term future needs.
I would think.
that’s the thing it’s all United dependent, and we only operate out of 2 hubs
Quote: from what I’m seeing it stopped at 382of 466 I believe so about 20% on furlough give or take, then most that stayed most likely got 40 hour long call reserve, and I’m to believe if may schedule doesn’t reflect more flying hours more will be furloughed, they won’t pay 40 hours if guys are not getting activated off long call
Ouch! So 20% furlough AND 40 hour lines for rest?
Quote: Ouch! So 20% furlough AND 40 hour lines for rest?
well 40 hour lines for who couldn’t hold a normal schedule for about 3700 hours

You say from what you believe more will be furloughed if hours dont increase in May....... What led you to believe that?
Quote: Ouch! So 20% furlough AND 40 hour lines for rest?
Could have been worse. Initially I was thinking 50% furlough at least on the FO side. We lost more than half of our flying, which is a huge kick in the nuts. I'm pretty high seniority so I got a line but I'm looking at that only as a stay of execution. I fully expect to fly 60-70% of whatever I am awarded and more cuts to come in May if Trump doesn't call for a more rational approach (isolate those at risk, i.e. 60yo+ and let everyone else get back to work) by mid-April at the absolute latest.
Quote: You say from what you believe more will be furloughed if hours dont increase in May....... What led you to believe that?
why pay guys 40 hours to stay home ?
Quote: Could have been worse. Initially I was thinking 50% furlough at least on the FO side. We lost more than half of our flying, which is a huge kick in the nuts. I'm pretty high seniority so I got a line but I'm looking at that only as a stay of execution. I fully expect to fly 60-70% of whatever I am awarded and more cuts to come in May if Trump doesn't call for a more rational approach (isolate those at risk, i.e. 60yo+ and let everyone else get back to work) by mid-April at the absolute latest.
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/...ovid-19-chart/

We will need a different strategy than what you are suggesting.
Agreed. But they are doing that already so why would it change. I accept your opinion however it is conjecture.

Conjecture that makes sence though!
Quote: Agreed. But they are doing that already so why would it change. I accept your opinion however it is conjecture.

Conjecture that makes sence though!
If your responding to me, than respectfully I have to say: no we are not doing that. Some are, but not enough and certainly not early enough. That’s the problem. This was obvious, but spring breakers and a whole crap ton of misinformation has led to many not following good sense.

Had everyone taken this seriously early on (really only 2 weeks ago) we could have drastically slowed the spread. Slow spread less economic impact. Maybe the airlines would be doing better today, maybe. But that is of course conjecture.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 18
Go to