23K/Recovery Questions Thread

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  16  56 
Page 6 of 61
Go to
Quote: Please explain this?
Additionally, If I had a 1400 report I was on the hook till 2000. That was commutable and doable. Now, I’m on my phone those 12 hours and can be given anything from 0200-0800. I’m not gonna make that now with all the cancellations. So I’m commuting up anyways now in case I’m called so I can be in place. It totally negates the whole purpose of the memo. If I’m interpreting wrong, correct me.
Quote: Additionally, If I had a 1400 report I was on the hook till 2000. That was commutable and doable. Now, I’m on my phone those 12 hours and can be given anything from 0200-0800. I’m not gonna make that now with all the cancellations. So I’m commuting up anyways now in case I’m called so I can be in place. It totally negates the whole purpose of the memo. If I’m interpreting wrong, correct me.
You're only on your phone 6 hours. It's 6 hours of long call essentially. I'm sure not making it due to no commuter flights isn't a big deal. They'll just PD your whole original trip.
Quote: You're only on your phone 6 hours. It's 6 hours of long call essentially.
I understand that 1400-2000 in this case. Hence trips from 0200-0800 assignable. No workie.
Quote: I am now basically a reserve pilot with a 12 hour call out. There are times I will not be able to make that commute if given a 12 hour call out. This is why I don’t bid reserve even when it is monetarily more beneficial.

I agree this is a majority good deal. But it isn’t for me. I do not wish it changed as it helps more pilots out. I just don’t like it.
You don’t understand the change at all. The company voluntarily dropped the requirement to be immediately available during the 6 hour window. They stated they would give you 12 hours notice. Nothing else changed. They could always give you a 23k assignment with 12 hours notice in that window. The only change is they can’t give you one with no notice in the 6 hour window.
If however you want to keep things exactly the same you can travel to your base and sit in the airport for 6 hours. That way you won’t get screwed.
Quote: You're only on your phone 6 hours. It's 6 hours of long call essentially. I'm sure not making it due to no commuter flights isn't a big deal. They'll just PD your whole original trip.
You were always available for a long call assignment in the window. The only change is you also don’t have to be immediately available at the same time.
Quote: My rotation was never cancelled, just the first leg which was a red eye out of LAX. The robocall said that my rotation changed. My cancelled flight tonight was replaced with a DH to join my rotation on day 2. Day 2 however was a DH only day so I can DV8 on day 2 to be in position to fly day 3 as scheduled.................until that changes.

Scoop
You can't deviate on a mid rotation DH without scheduling's approval
Quote: You can't deviate on a mid rotation DH without scheduling's approval
Its not a mid rotation DH after the rotation was rebuilt.
Quote: You were always available for a long call assignment in the window. The only change is you also don’t have to be immediately available at the same time.
I read the PWA and I didn’t get that at all. I then read the dummies guide to scheduling and it spells it out better. I’m guess I was wrong, still not happy about it.
Quote: I read the PWA and I didn’t get that at all. I then read the dummies guide to scheduling and it spells it out better. I’m guess I was wrong, still not happy about it.
I just don’t get how you could not be happy with being able to stay home instead of sit in the pilot lounge for 6 hours.
Quote: I just don’t get how you could not be happy with being able to stay home instead of sit in the pilot lounge for 6 hours.
I get that but I’m still gonna have to commute in so it doesn’t matter. I can’t see how you don’t get that.
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  16  56 
Page 6 of 61
Go to