Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2020, 07:51 AM   #21  
Gets Weekends Off
 
PapaMike's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Posts: 225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53x11 View Post
Also of note the 23K exception from LOA20-01 is only effective for the April bid period.
To follow up just to make sure everyone understands, the LOA itself doesn't include the 12 hour callout change. This new change was in a memo from Gumm from March 18 but still only applies through the April bid period
PapaMike is offline  
Old 03-26-2020, 07:52 AM   #22  
Gets Weekends Off
 
lake's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Posts: 154
Default

That's what i figured..
Thanks to all that answered..
lake is offline  
Old 03-26-2020, 08:16 AM   #23  
Moderator
Thread Starter
 
Scoop's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 737
Posts: 5,884
Default

Just to follow up on the original thread - I did get robocalled. So you might not hear anything until the day your rotation starts or possibly a day prior for an early sign in.

Scoop
Scoop is offline  
Old 03-26-2020, 08:34 AM   #24  
Gets Weekends Off
 
DWC CAP10 USAF's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: UNAcorn
Posts: 1,466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
Just to follow up on the original thread - I did get robocalled. So you might not hear anything until the day your rotation starts or possibly a day prior for an early sign in.

Scoop
What did the call tell you? That you had been assigned a recovery trip? That you had been placed on 23K? That it was NOOP'd and you had no ogligation?
DWC CAP10 USAF is offline  
Old 03-26-2020, 08:58 AM   #25  
Line Holder
 
CatDad's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2020
Position: At home with the cat
Posts: 56
Default

I have a day trip today with a report of 1410 and release of 2135. The legs have been cancelled for a week. It got NOOPed a few days ago and I acknowledged. It is my day 6, having finished a 5-day yesterday, without a 30 hour rest anywhere in there. Iím home with confidence that I am a pumpkin. The way I understand this memo is they could call me at 1410 to assign me something but 12 hours would put me into tomorrow (day 7) and a also an off day. Also also, ending more than 4 hours past my scheduled release.
CatDad is offline  
Old 03-26-2020, 09:11 AM   #26  
Line Holder
 
schwifty's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 42
Default

On the MEC page the COVID-19 Latest Information: LOA #20-01 -- COVID-19 FAQ says that if you deviate pre-rotation your 23.K obligation is to the airport you deviated to. Is that from the contract or the LOA? I couldn't find it in either.
schwifty is offline  
Old 03-26-2020, 09:19 AM   #27  
Gets Weekends Off
 
dc10guy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2012
Posts: 312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatDad View Post
I have a day trip today with a report of 1410 and release of 2135. The legs have been cancelled for a week. It got NOOPed a few days ago and I acknowledged. It is my day 6, having finished a 5-day yesterday, without a 30 hour rest anywhere in there. Iím home with confidence that I am a pumpkin. The way I understand this memo is they could call me at 1410 to assign me something but 12 hours would put me into tomorrow (day 7) and a also an off day. Also also, ending more than 4 hours past my scheduled release.
I called scheduling about my one day NOOP and was told I have no obligation.
dc10guy is offline  
Old 03-26-2020, 09:26 AM   #28  
Gets Weekends Off
 
fishforfun's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Hoping for any position
Posts: 1,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc10guy View Post
I called scheduling about my one day NOOP and was told I have no obligation.
What did you have after your 1 day? Mine just got NOOPd as well but I have 2 more 1 days following it.
fishforfun is offline  
Old 03-26-2020, 09:32 AM   #29  
Gets Weekends Off
 
fishforfun's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Hoping for any position
Posts: 1,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishforfun View Post
What did you have after your 1 day? Mine just got NOOPd as well but I have 2 more 1 days following it.
Quoting my question and answering it as well. Just spoke to scheduling and they said with the 12 hour after original report issue there is no obligation for 1 day trips. Glad I picked up a few of them for the end of the month
fishforfun is offline  
Old 03-26-2020, 10:09 AM   #30  
Gets Weekends Off
 
sailingfun's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERflyer View Post
They should however rewrite the rotation to show a DH. Correct? They canít just leave dangling canceled pieces of it without it all connecting together into a coherent path.
Yes, they should. I hear schedulers have been working 16 hour days.
sailingfun is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Day Show/Last Day Release 2GoodEngines ExpressJet 27 01-21-2020 06:49 PM
Trans States CaptainCarl Trans States Airlines 10900 12-31-2015 11:54 AM
Pinnacle TA Summary Pinchanickled Regional 11 12-21-2010 03:58 PM
FedEx Busiest Day vagabond Cargo 4 12-14-2010 06:03 AM
Bad Day - Worse Day (trip) trade at ASA? meloveboeing Regional 5 10-02-2010 07:47 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:23 AM.