Social distancing and the Regional Jet

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
With the majors blocking middle seats on their aircraft for “social distancing” purposes,what does this look like for the regional jet with 2x2 seating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: With the majors blocking middle seats on their aircraft for “social distancing” purposes,what does this look like for the regional jet with 2x2 seating?

Well, with our fifty seat 2x2 jets...

I haven't had more than 12 passengers in a month. Probably doesn't matter.
Also a valid point. We had 13% load factor before we stopped flying

You get your own aisle.
Quote: With the majors blocking middle seats on their aircraft for “social distancing” purposes,what does this look like for the regional jet with 2x2 seating?

Dont worry
you probably won’t be flying that plane when all of this is over anyway .
Had a flight the other day , 2 pax were booked , 0 showed up .
Not even a non rev . Left with an empty plane.

One per side?
Quote: One per side?
one per side, every other window seat.
first row empty to allow the FA to social distance.
Still plenty of seats available.
That’s what I’m getting at. Will the regional jet even be feasible anymore? Will people be willing to sit next to each other?

Quote: That’s what I’m getting at. Will the regional jet even be feasible anymore? Will people be willing to sit next to each other?

People are still living in fantasy land where they won’t have to pay for any of these fears and behaviors. This is a big societal problem where we haven’t even realized that we all will have to pay for not doing anything for 1 month-2 years somehow as we cower in our homes.

We haven’t come to terms with the fact that we have already essentially nationalized the airlines and corporate ‘investment grade’ debt.

Once the cost of blocking half (or more) of an airplane is passed on the consumers (or the government regulators in a fully nationalized scenario) we will see whether this is actually a demand or just a nice ‘if it’s free I’d like it’ kind of thing. I have my suspicions.
Let’s call it what it really is: a feel-good measure. There is no such thing as effective social distancing inside a pressurized aluminum tube.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to