Cares

Subscribe
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16 
Page 12 of 22
Go to
Quote: Let’s face it, the real issue is that we somehow let the mission creep from “flatten the curve so we don’t overburden the ICUs” to “put everybody under house arrest to stop anyone from getting it.”.
And, so how’s that working out for you?
Quote: Agreed. Never said I agreed with how various states are responding. Governor Ige seems to have gone to the extreme end
Nobody in this State has a clue..... I would have rather battled it to the death vs. SWA than have a bunch of clueless politicians try to decipher data and numbers, let alone formulate a plan.

Hawaii is still doing police checkups on quarantined people. Room checks at local hotels... it truly is as close to a Communist country as you can get while still being in the USA. The citizens and media are all over it like it's a badge of honor. Meanwhile, the rest of the country is laughing at Hawaii. (well not really because nobody gives a sh!t about this State, other than honeymooners)
Quote: Nobody in this State has a clue..... I would have rather battled it to the death vs. SWA than have a bunch of clueless politicians try to decipher data and numbers, let alone formulate a plan.

Hawaii is still doing police checkups on quarantined people. Room checks at local hotels... it truly is as close to a Communist country as you can get while still being in the USA. The citizens and media are all over it like it's a badge of honor. Meanwhile, the rest of the country is laughing at Hawaii. (well not really because nobody gives a sh!t about this State, other than honeymooners)

Amen brother!
Quote: No, because states have rights and local response falls squarely on the state governors and legislators. Trump and the federal government can only do so much. It’s that pesky Constitution.

But the constant whining about Trump supposedly bungling up the response is downright comical particularly considering he was called a racist and xenophobic for stopping travel from China, relying on WHO and CDC, and establishing the task force and dealing with this before the impeachment was over.
Trump banning travel from China in itself wasn’t seen as xenophobic back in the early stages of Covid when the US had its first confirmed case (the same day South Korea did). What *was* viewed as xenophobic was he only banned travel from China from **those holding a Chinese passport.** So those holding a passport from any other country besides China in those early days were still allowed entry into the US **from China** and carrying and transmitting the disease at the same time. Americans arriving from stranded cruise ships overseas were brought into the US and isolated, but the facilities and people handling their arrival were not adequately equipped to stop the spread of Covid (and some of those who processed their arrivals unknowingly caught covid and spread it...)
Quote: So we should get rid of FEMA and the Strategic National Stockpile because they infringe upon states rights?
No, but you should vote for local governments that are capable of at least running a lemonade stand.
Quote: No, but you should vote for local governments that are capable of at least running a lemonade stand.
i think we all can agree on that!
Quote: No, but you should vote for local governments that are capable of at least running a lemonade stand.
Probably not even a pineapple stand either and those are way easier to run than lemonade stands out here.
Quote: Probably not even a pineapple stand either and those are way easier to run than lemonade stands out here.
There’s always money in the banana stand.
If you’re in Hawaii, tell your governor to open up. I want my Hawaii trips back. And I can’t believe the number of people I’ve talked to that want to travel, but can’t due to the lockdown/quarantine. Sad to see business in financial trouble because of government decisions thrust upon them.
Quote: If you’re in Hawaii, tell your governor to open up. I want my Hawaii trips back. And I can’t believe the number of people I’ve talked to that want to travel, but can’t due to the lockdown/quarantine. Sad to see business in financial trouble because of government decisions thrust upon them.
The destruction of Hawaii (and ultimately Hawaiian Air.) is a direct result of the govt in Honolulu.. It is truly a "what stupid decision or screwup is on the calendar for today" ..

We are up to the entire heads of the DOH resigning or taking leave during a plandemic...

Fortunately the rest of the country will be up to full steam by the time Hawaii figures anything out...
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16 
Page 12 of 22
Go to