Time to open it up.

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  15  55 
Page 5 of 67
Go to
Quote: Great. So we can agree that it will never be “safe” to get back to life. We should take reasonable precautions in everything, but life is always going to be a little bit dangerous, sometimes to the point of death. BTW, did I hear we’re getting the MAX?

Aren't we also closing field hospitals and sending that big white BO-AT back to ORF? Sounds like we have a decent stockpile of ventilators, and N95 mask production is in full swing. The curve is flattened, hospitals can handle the mitigated surge, the virus weakens. What else do we need to convince ourselves of before we start crawling out of this social/financial hole?
NY Peaked. Others haven’t.
Quote: Great. So we can agree that it will never be “safe” to get back to life. We should take reasonable precautions in everything, but life is always going to be a little bit dangerous, sometimes to the point of death. BTW, did I hear we’re getting the MAX?

Aren't we also closing field hospitals and sending that big white BO-AT back to ORF? Sounds like we have a decent stockpile of ventilators, and N95 mask production is in full swing. The curve is flattened, hospitals can handle the mitigated surge, the virus weakens. What else do we need to convince ourselves of before we start crawling out of this social/financial hole?
Check out Singapore first.

Aren't we also closing field hospitals and send the USNS Comfort back to ORF? Sounds like we have a decent stockpile of ventilators, and N95 mask production is in full swing. The curve is flattened, hospitals can handle the mitigated surge, the virus weakens. What else do we need to convince ourselves of before we start crawling out of this social/financial hole?
I think we are of like mind here.

The Swedish seem to have handled this correctly. They have never been "touchy-feely" types. They are approaching her immunity.

Their immigrant population (mainly Middle East) haven't faired as well. Lots of hugging and cheek-kissing (including male-to-male.) Lots of communal food bowls and eating with hands. And several generations living under one roof.

That's a case study right there.

If this lockdown continues the cure will be worse than the disease. Our healthcare system was never overwhelmed. We can take the band-aid off slowly and adjust as necessary.

It's time for all of us to be a bit more germaphobic going forward. I've been ridiculed for being one for decades and I'm okay with that -- haven't had a cold in 10 years. I avoid handshakes. I use my own pen when I sign receipts/hotel sheets.

And if the virus returns in the fall, I say let it run its course.
Quote: also...

The University of Maryland mapped severe COVID-19 outbreaks with local weather patterns around the world, from the US to China. They found that the virus thrives in a certain temperature and humidity channel. “The researchers found that all cities experiencing significant outbreaks of COVID-19 have very similar winter climates with an average temperature of 41 to 52 degrees Fahrenheit, an average humidity level of 47% to 79% with a narrow east-west distribution along the same 30–50 N” latitude”, said the University of Maryland.
I keep telling my wife it’s time to move to Tampa!
Quote: NY Peaked. Others haven’t.
Peaking was never the standard to open the economy. Social distancing was only meant to SLOW the spread so we don't overwhelm our hospitals. We never got close and never will at this point. OPEN THE ECONOMY!
Quote: Lots of communal food bowls and eating with hands.
Perfect description of the SkyClub.
Quote: Perfect description of the SkyClub.
When I do breakfast buffets, I make multiple trips. Fill my table. Then wash my hands before eating.

Think like a germ.

Be the germ, Danny!
https://apple.news/AY29x7INxRlOhLxUCeAhtQg

Another study, this time from NY showing upwards of a 20% infection rate in some areas
Quote: https://apple.news/AY29x7INxRlOhLxUCeAhtQg

Another study, this time from NY showing upwards of a 20% infection rate in some areas
Yeah, 21% of New Yorkers tested positive for antibodies, almost half the deaths were nursing homes. This thing is only twice as deadly as the flu, not the 10 or 20 times lie that's being pushed.
Quote: Oh I agree but don’t think we should open till at least on the down hill slide.
i agree and I personally am not going to the barber shop just yet. Going for surfer dude look.
But the GA governor said that the barber is allowed to open with the mask on if he feels like it.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  15  55 
Page 5 of 67
Go to