Sept Vacancy is out... not bad!

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 11
Go to
I kept my spot so I am happy. I was amazed that the 777 in hillbilly philly [CLT] went so senior. That should be an easy transition for them, the 777 training is great.

It will be interesting to see if the challenge to the VPLOA people not counting holds up.
I could’ve held onto my 737 CA seat if I’d been willing to commute, but I’m not. Especially not a transcon commute. So it’s back to right seat in the Bus for me.
I kept my seat. Incredible.

All our chips are on the table. Fingers crossed the plan for 2021 works out!
Kept my CA seat and barely even moved in base... Pleasantly surprised.

450KnotOffice... sucks that you gotta go back to the Scare Bus! We’ll keep your man card safe... for a while... as long as you don’t get brainwashed by those euro slacker side stick slappin, tray table bonking, non moving throttle weaseling, “managed mode” monkeying, computer operating wankers! better be back soon on the studly chariot of the skies.
For those of us at other airlines keeping up with what is happening at the big 3 so we can run back to our union and say look what's happening at AA, what does this mean? No furloughs? Everyone got an aircraft assignment? At Delta we have over 2,000 that don't have a seat right now. Seeing how it is comparing.
Quote: Kept my CA seat and barely even moved in base... Pleasantly surprised.

450KnotOffice... sucks that you gotta go back to the Scare Bus! We’ll keep your man card safe... for a while... as long as you don’t get brainwashed by those euro slacker side stick slappin, tray table bonking, non moving throttle weaseling, “managed mode” monkeying, computer operating wankers! better be back soon on the studly chariot of the skies.
Man, I wish we could have flown together when you were still LGA based - I can tell it would have been a good trip.
Quote: For those of us at other airlines keeping up with what is happening at the big 3 so we can run back to our union and say look what's happening at AA, what does this mean? No furloughs? Everyone got an aircraft assignment? At Delta we have over 2,000 that don't have a seat right now. Seeing how it is comparing.
Yeah, everyone has a seat. That doesn’t necessarily mean no furloughs though.

The most junior pilot was even awarded a preference bid to change bases. We had a few downgrades, but not nearly as many as we all thought. Most junior CA (LGA/737) listed on the award is a June 2014 hire.
Quote: Man, I wish we could have flown together when you were still LGA based - I can tell it would have been a good trip.
You know it!
I’m glad all of you are happy. I think the award is crap. The way they conduct the award does not respect seniority. If a senior pilot bids a known vacancy as a preference, a super junior pilot that is getting displaced will get it before him. Theoretically, you could be number 1 on the list, and if you bid for a vacancy with preference, a seniority 11,000 with a displacement could get it before you. That’s not right. They should award preferences first, then do the displacements. Then only junior pilots at the bottom would be affected.
Quote: I’m glad all of you are happy. I think the award is crap. The way they conduct the award does not respect seniority. If a senior pilot bids a known vacancy as a preference, a super junior pilot that is getting displaced will get it before him. Theoretically, you could be number 1 on the list, and if you bid for a vacancy with preference, a seniority 11,000 with a displacement could get it before you. That’s not right. They should award preferences first, then do the displacements. Then only junior pilots at the bottom would be affected.
I know where you sit in the list. What were you not able to hold last bid that you could have held here?
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 11
Go to