ExpressJet Flies West

Subscribe
36  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50 
Page 46 of 55
Go to
Quote: This thread is a depressing reminder of how the cards are completely stacked against regional pilots. Maybe we should start thinking big picture and come up with a strategy to fix the underlying issues that leave us vulnerable to these dynamics.

Here’s an idea. Build a new union purposely for regional pilots—all under one banner and as one group and begin fighting to turn the regional job into an attractive career destination.
Regionals were never meant to be a career destination.
Quote: .

Here’s an idea. Build a new union purposely for regional pilots—all under one banner and as one group and begin fighting to turn the regional job into an attractive career destination.

Unfortunately regionals will never be career destinations as long as the FFD model exists and the name of the airline on the side of the plane doesn’t match your pay stub. Your future always hinges on the mainline carrier you’re tied to not Compass’ing you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Quote: Regionals were never meant to be a career destination.
No they weren’t. However, when stagnation hits and stops movement for a decade it kinda changes things for some. The nail in the coffin often comes at the expense of contract improvements. When the regional becomes too expensive for their partners they start looking for cheaper contract lift. All the premier regionals, ha if there is such a thing, are gone. I think that the main reason Skywest doesn’t want a union is so they can compare contracts an offer something in the middle. It keeps them from out pricing themselves out of business
Quote: No they weren’t. However, when stagnation hits and stops movement for a decade it kinda changes things for some. The nail in the coffin often comes at the expense of contract improvements. When the regional becomes too expensive for their partners they start looking for cheaper contract lift. All the premier regionals, ha if there is such a thing, are gone. I think that the main reason Skywest doesn’t want a union is so they can compare contracts an offer something in the middle. It keeps them from out pricing themselves out of business
You realize everything you just said supports the anti-Skywest argument, right? Maybe that was your point.
When is the last flight today?

Quote: When is the last flight today?

got in about 130 iah time.
Landed about an hour ago. Good luck fellas.
Quote: got in about 130 iah time.

Damn. I hope you guys at least got a proper send off. Best of luck to everyone

Quote: Damn. I hope you guys at least got a proper send off. Best of luck to everyone

They got a water cannon salute.
Bye Felicia
36  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50 
Page 46 of 55
Go to