SWA to go at it alone

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 5 of 5
Go to
Quote: I personally don't consider the cost to the company when I'm slowing and configuring for a stabilized approach. But that's just me.

He isn't wrong. WAY too many of our pilots lack even a modicum of empathy towards our fellow aviators. Not even a notion of "but for the grace of god go I". They live in this Fantasyland of "it can never happen here", and "full pay till the last day."

"Keep Dean" is just a slogan on a bag tag but not a call to action for far too many of our pilots.

They are the one-airline wonders who have worked here and no place else. They've never endured furloughs or bankruptcies and are rather impressed with their prescient choice of airline. Not everyone thinks this way - but a vocal minority.

I don't want to lose my job either. I'm not so arrogant as to believe it can't happen here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zap- I don’t want anyone out on the street, but let’s not pretend we are held in high regards by the legacies. Go back 12 months and peruse the UA/DA/AA forums whenever someone was trying to decide between job offers from SWA or a legacies. My unscientific poll is that 9 out of 10 quickly spiraled into a poo throwing contest directed at SWA (why would you want to fly for a Texas regional, the Guppy sucks, no retirements, etc). Pilots can be jerks no matter what uniform they wear.
Quote: Zap- I don’t want anyone out on the street, but let’s not pretend we are held in high regards by the legacies. Go back 12 months and peruse the UA/DA/AA forums whenever someone was trying to decide between job offers from SWA or a legacies. My unscientific poll is that 9 out of 10 quickly spiraled into a poo throwing contest directed at SWA (why would you want to fly for a Texas regional, the Guppy sucks, no retirements, etc). Pilots can be jerks no matter what uniform they wear.
100%, this happens every downturn. The smart will keep laser focused and be at SWA in 6 years from now. Not sure why people forget.
Quote: 100%, this happens every downturn. The smart will keep laser focused and be at SWA in 6 years from now. Not sure why people forget.
LASERs emit coherent light. Coherent light from a LASER CAN be focused, but it isn’t inherently focused. The rays are pretty much parallel.

And when’s the last time u laid some pipe?🤣
Quote: And when’s the last time u laid some pipe?🤣
He won't get that...but I'd guess it's been awhile
Quote: Times a wasting.
Not in the world of politics. Cares act runs out Oct 1.
It's only Aug 26.
Quote: Not in the world of politics. Cares act runs out Oct 1.
It's only Aug 26.
Times up. I hear a fat lady gargling.
Quote: Times up. I hear a fat lady gargling.
The fat lady only comes out on stage one minute before midnight.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 5 of 5
Go to