Subscribe
35  75  81  82  83  84  85 
Page 85 of 85
Go to
Quote: It’s time for our union to play the game the same way the company is playing. Call their bluff. Put out an email to us, and send out a press release that praises the new company offer. Say we may have a deal, but need more time for vetting and men-rat. Therefore we call on the company to delay any furloughs so we can work together in an effort of unity and cooperation solve this “family” problem....
let’s see what happens then...
Not to mention furloughing would most likely remove a lot of yes votes from any future memrat. A big company incentive to delay the furlough.
I turned down at least 3 weeks of orders for septmeber (and maybe a fourth) becuase I told my guard base september would be the last time for a year or two I would touch a Delta jet. I think the company owes us a little something for their wishy washy-ness.

To be sure, I started off feeling bad for managment and what crap show covid is. Not so much anymore.
Quote: I turned down at least 3 weeks of orders for septmeber (and maybe a fourth) becuase I told my guard base september would be the last time for a year or two I would touch a Delta jet. I think the company owes us a little something for their wishy washy-ness.

To be sure, I started off feeling bad for managment and what crap show covid is. Not so much anymore.
Based upon the last 6 months of management shenanigans and the experiences of others in earlier periods of furloughs and considering the incredible benefit and flexibility an AD or Guard retirement provides, I’d recommend not turning down orders again. Ever. And if you can get an AGR tour that gets you to that magic number, IMO there is no reason to consider playing with Delta’s metal until that is in your pocket. Signed, an extremely grateful retired AD bubba.
Thread closed. Please move the discussion to the 1721 thread. Thanks.

Scoop
35  75  81  82  83  84  85 
Page 85 of 85
Go to