[Descent] planning

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to
No fans of the idle/boards descent in here? 😂
Quote: No fans of the idle/boards descent in here? 😂
That's the only way into JFK without having your downwind vectored over Atlantic City.

VS 2.3-2.5, idle, boards, monitor and change VS to maintain 250 knots.
I’m gonna start down.
Why should the pilot plan? Let atc advise you with " are you gonna make that altitude crossing?" With the automatic response of yes. Don't forget the mandatory company call-out of "oh-explative"
Quote: Make a point 10 miles out at 3000'. VNAV, spin the altitude selector, make sure the autothrottles are on and watch the magic happen
wtf is auto throttle??🤣🤣🤣
Quote: wtf is auto throttle??🤣🤣🤣
Your FOs hand on the thrust levers....
I'd be careful with the Chinese glide path. On the 145 I used to fly, many times the left and right sides would be split full scale deflection in opposite directions. The legacy FMC on the 74 doesn't do much better. Nothing beats doing the mental gymnastics to back up your automation. I use 3:1 as a ballpark, and adjust from there.
Quote: No fans of the idle/boards descent in here? 😂
​​​​​​ How bout the visual to 31L at PSP from the north (been doing this one all month long). Cross MORON (yeah, yeah) at 16000 (ATC keeping folks high due to a fire TFR), thrust to idle, flaps 20 below 15K, boards out. 230 knots, 3500-4000 fpm descent on the downwind, gear and flaps 30 on a 3-mile base, roll out on final with flaps 45 just as you reach 1000 AFE. Whee doggie!!

One guy threw out gear and flaps 30 on the downwind, I think we saw 4800 fpm briefly. That was a bit much, though.
Quote: ​​​​​​ How bout the visual to 31L at PSP from the north (been doing this one all month long). Cross MORON (yeah, yeah) at 16000 (ATC keeping folks high due to a fire TFR), thrust to idle, flaps 20 below 15K, boards out. 230 knots, 3500-4000 fpm descent on the downwind, gear and flaps 30 on a 3-mile base, roll out on final with flaps 45 just as you reach 1000 AFE. Whee doggie!!

One guy threw out gear and flaps 30 on the downwind, I think we saw 4800 fpm briefly. That was a bit much, though.
You’ve clearly not flown into Central Mexico that much 😝. That’s SOP down there, I’m looking at you MMMM.
Quote: ​​​​​​ How bout the visual to 31L at PSP from the north (been doing this one all month long). Cross MORON (yeah, yeah) at 16000 (ATC keeping folks high due to a fire TFR), thrust to idle, flaps 20 below 15K, boards out. 230 knots, 3500-4000 fpm descent on the downwind, gear and flaps 30 on a 3-mile base, roll out on final with flaps 45 just as you reach 1000 AFE. Whee doggie!!

I always said you're a moron if you're not fully configured at MORON. At least gear + 20 + boards. Fastest way to the numbers, removes the uncertainty. Same thing coming from LAX at 11K.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to