Training to resume Q1

Subscribe
12  52  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  72 
Page 62 of 98
Go to
Quote: Honestly, recruiters don’t even have the answer at this point in time.
I agree. When I asked them a couple of months ago, they told me it's always good to have extra qualifications but they couldn't tell me if they were going to prioritize those applicants/ require it.

Sent from my SM-A516U1 using Tapatalk
Quote: I don't think anyone will be able to answer that question.
What I can tell you is that I know some pilots in training right now (they were sent home in training last year), who haven't flown in a year.
I do believe it's wise to get proficient and current before training.

Sent from my SM-A516U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah it’s a good idea, at least a few approaches and just fly around, even if for a few hours only.
Quote: Looks like we’re seeing emails/texts going out to the folks that had a CPT date last year, but never started. Notes that the company plans more FO classes in 2021. No further info than this.

domino? We’re all breathlessly waiting for your thoughts on this. 🙄
airlines ALWAYS hire right up until the day they furlough. The next calamity is already on the horizon. Only a matter of time.
Quote: Since many of us got the message that training will start up again, does anyone have a good idea, general idea, of what amount of recent flight experience will SkyWest be looking for to reinstate us back into the pipeline for training? I wasn't so lucky to keep flying due to this mess.
if you're an employee (trainee sent home from SLC) there is no currency requirement. However. Showing up to a 121 training program out of currency is bad juju. You are under a microscope that day hence forth.
Guessing everyone else is whatever hiring mins are. Without you’ll need chief pilot waiver. I wanna say it was 120 hours/past six months when I got hired. Perhaps someone else knows exactly.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!
Quote: airlines ALWAYS hire right up until the day they furlough. The next calamity is already on the horizon. Only a matter of time.

I was starting to think you didn’t see your shadow and the domino season was behind us. Interesting that you return Easter weekend. Domino has Risen?
Quote: I was starting to think you didn’t see your shadow and the domino season was behind us. Interesting that you return Easter weekend. Domino has Risen?
I missed the part where we crucified Domino....?
Quote: I missed the part where we crucified Domino....?
He crucified himself. And I honestly think he doesn't seem like a bad guy, just the most pessimistic and negative dude around here.
Nothing bad with speaking your mind, this is a forum obviously, but it gets ridiculous at some point.
Need some advice,

I have a job offer for a 135 position (PIC turbine single engine) that starts in May, I also had a scheduled class date (May 2020) with SKW before the COVID-19 pandemic began. I was wondering what y'all think I should do, should I continue and go start the 135 job or should I wait it out and wait for SKW to give me a call.
Quote: Need some advice,

I have a job offer for a 135 position (PIC turbine single engine) that starts in May, I also had a scheduled class date (May 2020) with SKW before the COVID-19 pandemic began. I was wondering what y'all think I should do, should I continue and go start the 135 job or should I wait it out and wait for SKW to give me a call.

What is the airframe? Is there a training contract?
Can you fly the 135 gig and bounce if OO calls?
Quote: Need some advice,

Not much info to work on. But....
CFI with 172 and Seminole time? Easy- 135
Have glass/2axis coupled AP experience with some amount TT? Hang tight.

It’s one thing to get your seniority number. It’s another to get that number with special tracking.
12  52  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  72 
Page 62 of 98
Go to