Training pay

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Any idea how training pay works for initial qual? Any pay for the home study, per diem? Min pay for the month if not qualified. I know, I could look it up in the PWA but I'm in school and my brain is capped out with systems right now.
Thanks
Quote: Any idea how training pay works for initial qual? Any pay for the home study, per diem? Min pay for the month if not qualified. I know, I could look it up in the PWA but I'm in school and my brain is capped out with systems right now.
Thanks
Yes, you get paid for completing systems training at home. It’s usually been around 6:30 for me. More if you have to complete world wide ops.

Yes, you get per diem

No idea of min pay....you get a pro rated amount per day based on a formula in the PWA.
Required CBTs are paid at 3/4 the measured run time (I think, like you I’m not cracking the PWA). So the pay for IQ systems CBTs is fleet dependent based on the run time of the course. Does not include optional modules.

You’re on training pay until you are OE complete. Once you’re OE complete they pay you the cosine of the cube root of call scheduling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Required CBTs are paid at 3/4 the measured run time (I think, like you I’m not cracking the PWA). So the pay for IQ systems CBTs is fleet dependent based on the run time of the course. Does not include optional modules.

You’re on training pay until you are OE complete. Once you’re OE complete they pay you the cosine of the cube root of call scheduling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just looked it up...it’s not 3/4, it’s “pennies on the dollar” for your time. And as you say - it doesn’t include the “optional” material that Delta knows they can get any self-respecting pilot to at least partially review pro bono.
Lacking and well below industry standard... but its delta so we always lag with anything related to training (scheduleding, Pay, new hire pay, new hire hotel, substandard training hotels, ect...)
Quote: Yes, you get paid for completing systems training at home. It’s usually been around 6:30 for me. More if you have to complete world wide ops.

Yes, you get per diem

No idea of min pay....you get a pro rated amount per day based on a formula in the PWA.
You only get per diem if you are based somewhere other than ATL.
Quote: You’re on training pay until you are OE complete. Once you’re OE complete they pay you the cosine of the cube root of call scheduling.
Just for clarity, that’s only for new hires.

Quote: You only get per diem if you are based somewhere other than ATL.
You may be thinking of the travel day. As long as you live >50 straight line miles from the training center, I know for fact you can get a hotel, if you ask. I *think* you also get per diem in this case.
Quote: Just for clarity, that’s only for new hires.

You may be thinking of the travel day. As long as you live >50 straight line miles from the training center, I know for fact you can get a hotel, if you ask. I *think* you also get per diem in this case.
You get a hotel, but if ATL based, no per diem.
Quote: You get a hotel, but if ATL based, no per diem.
And to clarify THAT, you get a hotel for all qualification training (other than new hires) even if you live next door to the training center.

The 50 mile rule is for CQ (and you are correct, ATL guys based guys don't get per diem, even if they do get the hotel, regardless of training type).
Quote: You only get per diem if you are based somewhere other than ATL.
True Dat...
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to