It has begun... again.

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
Quote: Ya not for nothing, but it was under this administration that I lost my job so, maybe dial back the amazing prosperity rhetoric a little.
just spit balling....covid19 might have played a small part in that
Quote: just spit balling....covid19 might have played a small part in that
Covid, and how we dealt with it. Or didn't deal with it, as the case may be.

IMO air travel is way down primarily because of individual businesses making choices not to send their employees on the road, and only somewhat because of government actions. Travel was declining well before states closed in April, and only recovered to a third when things opened again, in some states completely.

So the question is, did the supposedly economic-savvy administration help me much in the face of this problem? In my opinion, rather than getting people behind washing hands and wearing masks, they spent 8 months loathe to even agree to that and I have no job. So yes Covid, and yes the administration.
Quote: Covid, and how we dealt with it. Or didn't deal with it, as the case may be.

IMO air travel is way down primarily because of individual businesses making choices not to send their employees on the road, and only somewhat because of government actions. Travel was declining well before states closed in April, and only recovered to a third when things opened again, in some states completely.

So the question is, did the supposedly economic-savvy administration help me much in the face of this problem? In my opinion, rather than getting people behind washing hands and wearing masks, they spent 8 months loathe to even agree to that and I have no job. So yes Covid, and yes the administration.
yes...a Democratic President would have used a oui•ja board instead of listening to the head of the CDC.
[QUOTE=nitefr8dog;3164326]yes...a Democratic President would have used a oui•ja board instead of listening to the head of the CDC who initially played it down.. Do you consult the White House about all your personal health decisions. Are you planning on calling Biden to see if you should get a flu shot or a hip replaced?
Quote: Covid, and how we dealt with it. Or didn't deal with it, as the case may be.

I'm not gonna say they couldn't have done a better job, because of course they could have. But I'm pretty sure every country in the world's aviation sector is suffering the same fate, more or less, regardless of government action/inaction. We were in this too deep before anyone had a clue.
Quote: I'm not gonna say they couldn't have done a better job, because of course they could have. But I'm pretty sure every country in the world's aviation sector is suffering the same fate, more or less, regardless of government action/inaction. We were in this too deep before anyone had a clue.
Exactly! Plus its Aviation...you are going to go thru 2 or 3 furlongs in your career. Might as well get one under your belt.
Quote: Exactly! Plus its Aviation...you are going to go thru 2 or 3 furlongs in your career. Might as well get one under your belt.
Are those statute or nautical furlongs?
Quote: i work at UA and haven’t heard they yet. Do you have a link to a press release?

Yes but that does not mean people will continue to fly. I just finished a NB trip with loads 80-95% range
https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-united-airlines-holiday-season-flights-coronavirus-20201109-lkkejozlw5h23dekwzf6b3k6sm-story.html
Quote: Are those statute or nautical furlongs?
Haha...nothing gets by you Captain Obvious. Boy that's embarrassing.....not.
[QUOTE=dhc8guru;3164534]https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-united-airlines-holiday-season-flights-coronavirus-20201109-lkkejozlw5h23dekwzf6b3k6sm-story.html[/QUOTE]

Well, that article states as compared to Dec 2019. We have been told we will fly the save number/slight increase in block hours from November 2020
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to