Emirates Interview

Subscribe
15  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28 
Page 25 of 28
Go to
Quote: Quick question. Do they usually hire pilots for FO's position from the regional pipeline or do they usually pick people with a lot more experience? What about straight out of Air Force? Just wondering...

They will not hire military only pilots. Lots of ex-military but they were at airlines prior to EK. They prefer guys with 737NG and A320 time over RJs, but will hire RJ pilots when there are not enough applications from pilots with bigger aircraft experience.

TP
They just cut off the RJ hiring. Or maybe all FO hiring to get caught up.
Quote: They just cut off the RJ hiring. Or maybe all FO hiring to get caught up.

What do you mean?
Quote: They just cut off the RJ hiring. Or maybe all FO hiring to get caught up.
Again where.are you getting this info?
Again, from people that received that actual email that were in the middle of the interview process and did not make it to Dubai yet. I dont know what else to tell you unless you want me to post the actual email on here.
Quote: Again, from people that received that actual email that were in the middle of the interview process and did not make it to Dubai yet. I dont know what else to tell you unless you want me to post the actual email on here.
Its just odd as I know a guy thats heading out there shortly. Could you post the email or pm it to me. It woud be interesting to see the actual wording.
Quote: They did cancel all future PSP interviews for FO's in the states until further notice.
I saw the same thing, but does anyone know if that means they will just bring over US-based guys to DXB for interviews or have they postponed all US non-Airbus rated FO interviews until further notice?
Quote: They will not hire military only pilots. Lots of ex-military but they were at airlines prior to EK. They prefer guys with 737NG and A320 time over RJs, but will hire RJ pilots when there are not enough applications from pilots with bigger aircraft experience.

TP
Any idea why they don't want military only? I know they make the rules, but seems odd.
Most companies abroad won't hire pilots with military only time nor corporate only time, to them it is not odd, it is the norm.
I heard the same thing from a friend of mine as well. If you were lucky enough to have a previous interview set up already to go to Dubai, then you are all good. I think there were some still in the pipeline with dates already. If not, then you are on hold for a while. Word is the guys who got hired in the past week or two got summer 777 classes. Can anybody confirm? At least that's what I was told. Sucks cause the issue in Atlanta wasn't our fault.
15  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28 
Page 25 of 28
Go to