Transition/Stay on the CRJ?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
coodrough568 is right. The dooms day clock has ticked another minute closer to midnight over the course of the last month.
It literally changes every week with who’s in the “know”. No one really knows. If hiring starts, it’s literally a positive for everyone. For the negative folks, it’s because they don’t know. *mic drop for using “knows”*
Quote: Certainly and will absolutely move to a base when I'm hired on at a major airline. Until then, my wife has the better paying job that's more stable and, near our house in ATL.
seem pretty confident there. Not saying you won’t be but at least practice SOME humility. Just sayin’
Quote: I still don’t see why anyone anywhere remotely thinks there will be some hiring next year. At best we have hit about 43% of last years load on about one or two days since March. And that was just a boost for holidays. Not trying to be a Debbie downer, but it’s time guys start being realistic here. Buckle up and settle in where you’re at because there’s likely going to be no positive trends for airlines until HOPEFULLY fall 2021. And that’s if the big three don’t declare in the spring/summer. If one declares, they all will. No way two legacies are going to let one restructure and operate cheaper than them.
Although this may be true industry wide, OO is still roughly 76% 2019 YTD per email.
Quote: seem pretty confident there. Not saying you won’t be but at least practice SOME humility. Just sayin’
The point I'm making is that I'm not moving to a base for a regional operator that can/will close said base with 30 days notice. However, I would move at a major. I dont feel that I'm entitled to a job anywhere; I've been burned by 08 and this is my forth air carrier, believe me, there is no entitlement.

Glad to be here.
Quote: Bro, you should have asked this when ATL was closed down. Now you lost your chance.

Just waiting on Domino's expertise
Sorry I didn't consider transitioning to the ERJ in April when my home based almost instantly vanished. I was more focused on the next base, VTO, my second career and making sure the bills were paid. I honestly thought I'd be furloughed by now but, seems like I can hold a line at 20% in either DFW/ORD or 30% on the ERJ ORD. ERJ transitions will happen again, just curious if skywest mainline really is better than, say, flying the 700 in DFW from my view point.
Quote: Until UAL scope cuts back, Delta cuts back and if AA goes bankrupt. 76% isn’t a “growth” number. It’s a hold the line and pray it doesn’t go back down number.
while you make good points. Delta has already cut, there is two less regionals to share block hours with at United and have regionals ever shrunk during a mainline bankruptcy?

the number to look at is the 70% of where we were last year and not the nationwide TSA numbers, but the point is the same every down turn in this industry lasts at least three years. So get comfy everyone.
Quote: Sorry I didn't consider transitioning to the ERJ in April when my home based almost instantly vanished. I was more focused on the next base, VTO, my second career and making sure the bills were paid. I honestly thought I'd be furloughed by now but, seems like I can hold a line at 20% in either DFW/ORD or 30% on the ERJ ORD. ERJ transitions will happen again, just curious if skywest mainline really is better than, say, flying the 700 in DFW from my view point.
The only thing that makes life better in this biz is seniority.
Quote: Sorry I didn't consider transitioning to the ERJ in April when my home based almost instantly vanished. I was more focused on the next base, VTO, my second career and making sure the bills were paid. I honestly thought I'd be furloughed by now but, seems like I can hold a line at 20% in either DFW/ORD or 30% on the ERJ ORD. ERJ transitions will happen again, just curious if skywest mainline really is better than, say, flying the 700 in DFW from my view point.
No, Stay 700 in DFW. Had you asked if the E175 better then being stuck on the 200. Then yes. For sure transition..
[QUOTE=MaxThrust1;3166782]I agree that it is a very fluid situation that requires a month to month basis. It was a little disheartening to see that they retracted their statement about bringing the new guys back. Fingers crossed that we see them on property soon![/QUOT

“It was a little disheartening to see that they retracted their statement” did management send out a email regarding your statement about “retracting” or is this right now a rumor until something is officially published?
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to