CFI hiring

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to
I didn't feel like this was worthy of the HIRING! section so I've decided to put it here. What websites or places would you find it best to look for jobs relating to being a CFI? I have my CFI and have now graduated college and am looking to get my time building rolling. Any suggestions?
Thanks for the responses.
Duck
military base
live close to a military base? check to see if they have a aero club. If AF base they may be doing intro flight program- lots of motivated students who have their training paid for - its a 141 operation but you'll be able to build time...

-LA
where are you?
Check out AOPA's website, lots of CFI jobs
Go to www.aopa.org and put your mouse pointer over "Aviation Classifieds" near the top of the page, don't click. A drop down menu should appear, click on "Flight School Postings". They will have dozens of flight school and CFI jobs listed.
I'm located in Waco Texas at the moment.
Quote: I'm located in Waco Texas at the moment.
TSTC, Waco Regional, McGregor, Hillsboro.....? It's been a while since I've been down that way, but those are just off the top of my head.

Good Luck

BTW, did you go to school in Waco?
Toss on a suit, type up a professional resume and drop into some local flight schools and ask if they are hiring or accepting resumes. That's how I got my first job instructing...
I went to Baylor University and did my actual flying at TSTC. They dont' have any openings. They post them on their website when they do. McGregor had a guy leave for Amer. Eagle but they had a part timer that moved into his full time slot so no openings there. I didn't know about hillsboro i'm going to check. I have a good resume. I've been sending it out. I found the AOPA site to be pretty darn good to look at. I found a couple places that wanted guys. Some universities. I'd rather not relocate but I will if I can get the time in.
Cfi
Check to see if the naval academy aero club still has CFI openings - you'll have to relocate but you could build hours there in a hurry...I'll check at langley and see if they have openings (PM me and I'll let you know my email and we can discuss this more...)

University of Northwestern Louisiana had openings a while back...So did LA Tech...

-LA
1  2  3  4 
Page 1 of 4
Go to