Planesense

Subscribe
9  49  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  69  109  159 
Page 59 of 299
Go to
Quote: They've been introducing some decent recruiting tools, such as expanded basing and lower total time requirements, and some other QOL/pay increases that may help keep attrition in check. That MAY is a big one. The company hasn't had to deal with a hiring environment like we are in right now, and it will certainly be a challenge finding the right mix of tools to retain the experience they have.
Quote: They will come after you. But you don't need to pay it.

It's crazy to think that they want people signing on for both of those.

I wouldn't let the contract keep you from going there. But I also would look at the big picture. Hurting for pilots... And want people to sign two contracts?

Supply and demand. May want to think about another recruiting measure, such as better pay? Work rule? Maybe QOL? I think that might help keep people around.
Yeah, that contract stopped me from applying. I got a email back from them asking me to fill out the application. When I heard about the training contract I decided to pass.

I would do a training contract with certain parameters but more then a year and something that increases with an upgrade no way.

Without a type rating the company gets the benefit not me. They need qualified pilots for something that isn't a type rating or doesn't require a new rating like ATP, then training (especially for an FO on a SEL) is a cost of doing business.
Interviewing in July. Anyone joining me?
Well I got the email saying I met all qualifications but waiting on a class and interview, did you ever get that and how long ago did you apply?
Quote: Well I got the email saying I met all qualifications but waiting on a class and interview, did you ever get that and how long ago did you apply?
Hey, so i got the same email a few days ago saying I'm qualified for the job, but don't have any opening right now. They did say they will be talking to me soon. So you think will get an interview in the fall or should we start looking for other jobs now? whats your take on this
I sent in the pilot app in early April and got the call about two weeks later offering a July interview for an October class date if hired. It seems like they plan out their hiring and it can be a bit of a slow process but PS sounds like an awesome company to fly for so hopefully all goes well.
I sent mine in the day they announced all the new bases, the middle to end of April. I am sure they received a lot of apps.
I saw the post where they announced a list of new bases but now I don't see it anymore. I wonder if somebody jumped the gun on that. I'm guessing they will start interviewing again in the fall.
Quote: I saw the post where they announced a list of new bases but now I don't see it anymore. I wonder if somebody jumped the gun on that. I'm guessing they will start interviewing again in the fall.

I'm not sure where they are from a recruiting standpoint on the new pilot bases, but internally we have assigned a number of pilots to them based on individual requests. I would expect interviews in the summer for fall classes.
Just go to the regionals.
How firm are they to the living within 100 miles from your base? They need a base at Pensacola!
9  49  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  69  109  159 
Page 59 of 299
Go to