XJT CPZ TSA preferential hiring at UAL

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Hopefully this does something to help pilots that want to get on at UAL.

from the UAL MEC Chairman today
"While this is all great news for United pilots, it is important to recognize other ALPA pilot groups have been more adversely affected by the pandemic. To help them, and in accordance with Section 21-R of the UPA, I have informed United management that they must include Expressjet Airlines, Compass Airlines, and Trans States Airlines on the list of ALPA carriers that have ceased operations. This will ensure these pilots are offered preferential hiring opportunities at United."
Quote: Hopefully this does something to help pilots that want to get on at UAL.

"While this is all great news for United pilots, it is important to recognize other ALPA pilot groups have been more adversely affected by the pandemic. To help them, and in accordance with Section 21-R of the UPA, I have informed United management that they must include Expressjet Airlines, Compass Airlines, and Trans States Airlines on the list of ALPA carriers that have ceased operations. This will ensure these pilots are offered preferential hiring opportunities at United."
Bravo/////
Well deserved. I wish my brothers and sisters at those 3 carriers the best of luck!
Wonder if that goes for people who found work at another carrier. IE if your a multi year captain and ended up at c5 as an FO after layoff from xjt or tsa do you still get the interview bump? How long does the laid off from alpa airline label stick?
Quote: Wonder if that goes for people who found work at another carrier. IE if your a multi year captain and ended up at c5 as an FO after layoff from xjt or tsa do you still get the interview bump? How long does the laid off from alpa airline label stick?
Reach out to your former rep and see what they have to say .
Edited- question already asked and answered
Quote: Hopefully this does something to help pilots that want to get on at UAL.

Awesome news
Quote: Wonder if that goes for people who found work at another carrier. IE if your a multi year captain and ended up at c5 as an FO after layoff from xjt or tsa do you still get the interview bump? How long does the laid off from alpa airline label stick?
TMAAT you asked for 3 cups to pour your drink in......
Quote: TMAAT you asked for 3 cups to pour your drink in......
I always thought that 3 cups was just an inside joke since I never worked at XJT until I ended up on his jumpseat. That guy is a nut. If I remember correctly, UAL already shot him down at least once.

The rest of the XJT pilots that I met while jumpseating were all fantastic and I hope they get a job offer.
Quote: I always thought that 3 cups was just an inside joke since I never worked at XJT until I ended up on his jumpseat. That guy is a nut. If I remember correctly, UAL already shot him down at least once.

The rest of the XJT pilots that I met while jumpseating were all fantastic and I hope they get a job offer.
I have flown with him a few times. He is an excellent and very professional pilot. He is wound up very tight, and has some quirks......but I would fly with him any time and I would put my family on any plane he was operating.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to