Strangest cargo carried?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to
On different flights..

A dog befriended by Marine who had died in Iraq and the dog was being sent to his family...

Newt Gingrich

The dog was pretty nice
$2.4B in one hundred dollar bills from Rhein Main to Baghdad Intl on a C-17. Cargo weighed approximately 60K. Broke my heart when we unloaded the pallets.
I know that someone already posted dead bodies, but I flew some dead bodies over the rockies in an unpressurized plane. When I increased my altitude enough, they would start farting, and I think groaning (some weird noise) I tried to stay low, but I had to increase my altitude here and there because of mountains and the would start farting again. It smelt so bad.
Quote: I flew some dead bodies.
I heard that if the body is feet forward in a plane with the right seat taken out you can stick charts and checklists between the toes.
Quote: Dave P u out of KJAN???
I was at McChord (KTCM) when the wing fell off at Memphis, I've been a C-17 schoolhouse instructor here at Altus since Aug '02.
Whats the story with the wings falling off?
I once was on a C-5, and we were set up to go into FYROM to pick up some.........let's call them dudes. BUT we could not land at that field unless we brought "someone" a John Deere Lawn Tractor. No kidding, that was the requirement for us to land at that airfield and pick up thier cargo and deliver it.
Quote: I was at McChord (KTCM) when the wing fell off at Memphis, I've been a C-17 schoolhouse instructor here at Altus since Aug '02.
Altus? I'm sorry. I passed thru there in 1998 (FE school). My wife is from there That town is like a disease!

I Carried 8thousand pounds of Tootsie Rolls BACK from Bosnia to germany. Also carried hooded prisoners to the Haag.
Quote: Whats the story with the wings falling off?

Here's the story as I know it....the Memphis ANG had a 141 with a fuel leak that they couldnt find, so they came up with an idea to plug all the lines/vents etc. and then pressurize the fuel tanks and see where it was leaking...they found the leak and fixed it...then went to fuel the airplane and forgot to remove the vent plugs and the picture tells the rest of the story...there are ten fuel tanks in the wings.....the 141 was noted for having cracks in the wings anyway....if my story is wrong somebody correct me...
Strangest Cargo...

Me...2 slammers...2 sparrows...2 heaters... and a playboy
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to