United Vacation Pass Travelers

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to
Vacation Pass flyers are non-revenue, correct? If they are non-rev, how come they show up above me on the standby list on my own metal?
Here is what you do. If you see a United employee on the standby list and you are flying on OO metal, wait until 59min before the flight to list yourself. United employees cannot go in and change their booking to a vacation pass within an hour of departure. If they have already used a vacation pass, then you're SOL.
Quote: Vacation Pass flyers are non-revenue, correct? If they are non-rev, how come they show up above me on the standby list on my own metal?
Vacation pass is the same pri as a Skywest employee on a SKW flight, it then falls to date of hire between you and the vacationer. I believe mainline has unlimited vaca passes on express, that's why you always see them listed as such.
Quote: Here is what you do. If you see a United employee on the standby list and you are flying on OO metal, wait until 59min before the flight to list yourself. United employees cannot go in and change their booking to a vacation pass within an hour of departure. If they have already used a vacation pass, then you're SOL.
....Thanks....
Quote: Vacation pass is the same pri as a Skywest employee on a SKW flight, it then falls to date of hire between you and the vacationer. I believe mainline has unlimited vaca passes on express, that's why you always see them listed as such.
That’s kinda BS.
Quote: Here is what you do. If you see a United employee on the standby list and you are flying on OO metal, wait until 59min before the flight to list yourself. United employees cannot go in and change their booking to a vacation pass within an hour of departure. If they have already used a vacation pass, then you're SOL.

They “should not”, but they do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: They “should not”, but they do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You will always have JS priority on OO though. Vacation pass doesn’t trump that
Quote: You will always have JS priority on OO though. Vacation pass doesn’t trump that
Maybe so, but some mainline guys in coordination with the gate agent will definitely try to steal the JS if given the chance. I’ve had it happen.
Quote: You will always have JS priority on OO though. Vacation pass doesn’t trump that
For now...
Don't worry ALPA will have that fixed soon.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to