Denver

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
Quote: I took that as SWA doubling DEN not us….could be wrong though.
yeah, SWA is going to roughly double the DEN base. We have around 530/seat now. With the addition of 16 gates, the CP said we need at least 800 more pilots. It’ll be the largest base in the company.
Quote: For any FO’s that are frustrated with seniority issues in DEN I highly recommend they go to United or SWA
^^^ I've been here just shy of two years now and am bidding 95% plus in DEN and can only hold 'D' or redeye reserve, working weekends. I think well over half the DEN FO list could hold CA somewhere else in the system. Only opening another western base will alleviate the DEN logjam which is what a lot of people are hoping for.
Quote: ^^^ I've been here just shy of two years now and am bidding 95% plus in DEN and can only hold 'D' or redeye reserve, working weekends. I think well over half the DEN FO list could hold CA somewhere else in the system. Only opening another western base will alleviate the DEN logjam which is what a lot of people are hoping for.

Almost seems like F9 gave up on DEN and is focusing on FL, etc.
Quote: Almost seems like F9 gave up on DEN and is focusing on FL, etc.
Gave up, nah. Followed the money to FL, yea. Management has talked about getting more gates in the DEN expansion. Don’t think the plan is to grow DEN very much more though. Hard to tell.
Quote: I took that as SWA doubling DEN not us….could be wrong though.
Ahh yes, I misunderstood.

I didn't know Southwest was planning such an aggressive expansion in DEN. I wonder if both United and Southwest can run huge hubs in DEN or if they end up getting into a big, bloody turf war?

I realize that DEN can work really work for connecting traffic, but not too many airports can support multiple big airline hubs.. it'll be fun to watch play out. And Frontier will continue to scavenge for scraps.

I know that our management doesn't consider us even competing with them. It's just a different segment of the market. I think that a ULCC can coexist with a legacy just fine, but two ULCCs at one airport probably won't work out. I guess we will see how things go in MIA
I believe DEN was designed to have two more concourses and 4 more runways with probably 20 more arrivals to change at a moment's notice. So there is plenty of room for two large airline hubs.
Quote: I believe DEN was designed to have two more concourses and 4 more runways with probably 20 more arrivals to change at a moment's notice. So there is plenty of room for two large airline hubs.
All using the same train and broken escalators.
Quote: All using the same train and broken escalators.
Lol. I can get past the escalators, but the train needs to work
Quote: All using the same train and broken escalators.
This is F9’s plan to expand DEN. Sabotage the trains to B & C while our pax are redirected to the A Bridge. Offer to lease OAL gates on the cheap. Genius.
May i ask what bases are new hires getting? How long could it take to get Denver?
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to