Question that boggles me

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
Why is it the wet lease folks get the good cities?? WESTERN GLOBAL FLYING HNL/SJU/PHX/?? Why aren’t these folks flying YMX, TLC, QRO?? Things of that nature ... not sure why they are allowed to take the better flying that we ourselves could be doing... anyone have an answer to why this is ? Can the union folks step in?
Quote: Why is it the wet lease folks get the good cities?? WESTERN GLOBAL FLYING HNL/SJU/PHX/?? Why aren’t these folks flying YMX, TLC, QRO?? Things of that nature ... not sure why they are allowed to take the better flying that we ourselves could be doing... anyone have an answer to why this is ? Can the union folks step in?
Because as a group we aren't unified and are a bunch of yes men and women.
Quote: Why is it the wet lease folks get the good cities?? WESTERN GLOBAL FLYING HNL/SJU/PHX/?? Why aren’t these folks flying YMX, TLC, QRO?? Things of that nature ... not sure why they are allowed to take the better flying that we ourselves could be doing... anyone have an answer to why this is ? Can the union folks step in?
Its the contract. Been that way for years.
At least one of the cities mentioned above is a must go, so I’m thinking maybe for reliability they keep our jets on that route.
Has nothing to do with good or bad cities. Company puts them on routes that are easily recoverable should they go down (wet lease a/c much less reliable) and no hook cities - out and back type things then it's just a problem of maximizing lift to load. As your PSIT rep if you want more details.
Quote: Has nothing to do with good or bad cities. Company puts them on routes that are easily recoverable should they go down (wet lease a/c much less reliable) and no hook cities - out and back type things then it's just a problem of maximizing lift to load. As your PSIT rep if you want more details.
I like purpletoolbox’s answer better (cause it’s true), but your answer is correct.
I think they have STN next month, just as it’s set to go full open.
Quote: Because as a group we aren't unified and are a bunch of yes men and women.
I don’t disagree that we do have a lot of those, but I think on this issue we don't pick what cities specific airplanes fly to. Much like flying that gets transferred from base to base or one airframe to another. You know things like up gagging and down gagging to load factor.

I think Tuck has this correct.

We had the same thing at the previous legacy gig. RJ took some of our better layovers. Bases got shrunk or dissolved. Thats just part of the Biz
Quote: Its the contract. Been that way for years.
Do you guys have any contractual scope protection here? What limits does your management have when it comes to farming out your flying? Over at Brown we had to take grieve this, but eventually won.
Quote: Do you guys have any contractual scope protection here? What limits does your management have when it comes to farming out your flying? Over at Brown we had to take grieve this, but eventually won.
Yes we do have scope and this little amount is allowed under the scope clause. We are only talking 4 airframes.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to