Vaccination for Children

Subscribe
View Poll Results: Should healthy children get the vaccine?
No, I also did NOT get the vaccine myself (and am not planning to).
52.63%
No, but I DID get the vaccine myself (or I'm going to).
22.81%
Yes, and I also DID get the vaccine (or I'm going to).
24.56%
Yes, but I did NOT get the vaccine, (and am not planning to).
0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to
Quote: You have an idea that chicken pox vaccine is to be given every year. Where do you get that incorrect information?
You missed his point entirely.
Quote: You missed his point entirely.
I fully understood his point. I chose to address a falsehood in his premise.
If the chickenpox vaccine required annual boosters to be effective, yes my kids would get them - along with influenza.

The chickepox vaccine doesn't require boosters, though, so they do not.

Nobody knows at this point when boosters will be needed for SARS-CoV-2 vaccination.
Quote: If the chickenpox vaccine required annual boosters to be effective, yes my kids would get them - along with influenza.

The chickepox vaccine doesn't require boosters, though, so they do not.

Nobody knows at this point when boosters will be needed for SARS-CoV-2 vaccination.
Fair enough. But that seems to be the road we are on.

In the end, I don't deny anyone the right to get/take whatever medicine or vaccinations that they want. But vaccinations have potential side effects, no matter how minor or unlikely, there is some level of risk with the vaccination albeit likely a very very small one. I am comfortable that a one time chicken pox vaccination is worth the risk. I am not there yet, given the very low incidence of serious illness with COVID in kids, to say that the risk of the virus outweighs the risk of the EUA vaccination at this point. Just that simple for me.
Quote: I fully understood his point. I chose to address a falsehood in his premise.
What falsehood?
Quote: What falsehood?
Like too many, he took you literally and not seriously. He also missed the irony.
Quote: What falsehood?
Yes I took it literally. The falsehood is as I stated. Chickenpox does not require an annual booster, as your premise was. Sorry you keep being confused.
Quote: I fully understood his point. I chose to address a falsehood in his premise.
You did not. Boiler compared COVID and chickenpox vaccines. I was (too subtly) pointing out that the chicken pox vaccine is one and done, while Covid vaccines require boosters annually like a flu shot. Boiler pointed out (rightly) that no one has said definitively that the Covid shots will require boosters.
Quote: You did not. Boiler compared COVID and chickenpox vaccines. I was (too subtly) pointing out that the chicken pox vaccine is one and done, while Covid vaccines require boosters annually like a flu shot. Boiler pointed out (rightly) that no one has said definitively that the Covid shots will require boosters.
That is what you thought you were implying. What you said was open to interpretation as I stated.
Quote: That is what you thought you were implying. What you said was open to interpretation as I stated.
I knew exactly what he was "implying." So did the rest of us. You were just being obtuse.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to