New hire here starting in July

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Thanks I appreciate that a lot! I look forward to seeing you on the line!

Thanks again,
Duckman

Quote: Back to back.

5 days I believe.Some ATL some ATW.

Really depends on timing. Probably MKE or IAD. Look at who the most junior is in each base when you start to bid.

Yes. 8 hours. Basically the bottom 6 people on the list in each domicile get it. You can’t be assigned it if you bid for a regular reserve line.

LNK, TVC, ATW are all pretty enjoyable. Nothing crazy.

It changes pretty frequently. There used to be one on the website, not sure if it’s up to date or even still there.

No, and try to distance yourself from that attitude in general here, whether in sim or on OE. Do what they tell you to do and have a good attitude and you’ll be fine.
Quote: Thanks I appreciate that a lot! I look forward to seeing you on the line!

Thanks again,
Duckman

everything everyone said already. Welcome aboard, glad to have you. Just study what you’re told to study, we really do have a great group minus a few crabapples. Could it be better? Always. Are there worse places to be? I think so.

best overnights?
ATW - great city that people love to hate. Food/Bars
LNK - college town with lots nearby.
AVP - great food in Scranton.
MHT - cool little diner attached to the hotel, short overnight though.
DAY - not a great overnight, unless you have like 33 hrs, then you’re getting paid to go to the air force museum.
GSO - best Indian restaurant not located in India.
Thank you! I’m excited to start! I appreciate you telling me all the cool overnights and what’s there. I look forward to seeing you on the line.
Thanks again,
Duckman
Quote: everything everyone said already. Welcome aboard, glad to have you. Just study what you’re told to study, we really do have a great group minus a few crabapples. Could it be better? Always. Are there worse places to be? I think so.

best overnights?
ATW - great city that people love to hate. Food/Bars
LNK - college town with lots nearby.
AVP - great food in Scranton.
MHT - cool little diner attached to the hotel, short overnight though.
DAY - not a great overnight, unless you have like 33 hrs, then you’re getting paid to go to the air force museum.
GSO - best Indian restaurant not located in India.
Quote: Thank you! I’m excited to start! I appreciate you telling me all the cool overnights and what’s there. I look forward to seeing you on the line.
Thanks again,
Duckman
in addition to the above mentioned (LNK, AVP, ATW especially):

Until they changed hotels AZO was a great one too at the Radisson downtown (probably my favorite), TVC if you happen to get it when it isn't terrible winter weather, COS is very rare but nice, I always liked the HPN overnight but hate HPN, BHM at a nice Hilton on UAB campus, CHO too if you are willing to hike a mile or two to UVA.
Quote: in addition to the above mentioned (LNK, AVP, ATW especially):

Until they changed hotels AZO was a great one too at the Radisson downtown (probably my favorite), TVC if you happen to get it when it isn't terrible winter weather, COS is very rare but nice, I always liked the HPN overnight but hate HPN, BHM at a nice Hilton on UAB campus, CHO too if you are willing to hike a mile or two to UVA.
Azo was awesome. All the college town overnights can be fun if you put your mind to it and you have more than minrest. I forgot, CRW is actually an amazing overnight, especially if you get the pairing where you land at like 9pm and don’t leave until late afternoon/early evening the next day.
Quote: Azo was awesome. All the college town overnights can be fun if you put your mind to it and you have more than minrest. I forgot, CRW is actually an amazing overnight, especially if you get the pairing where you land at like 9pm and don’t leave until late afternoon/early evening the next day.
How could I also forget CRW...that's a great one too!
Thanks for all the info. I look forward to checking out those overnights.
Thanks again,
Duckman

Quote: in addition to the above mentioned (LNK, AVP, ATW especially):

Nice! I will check them out. Does scheduling generally give you close to min rest most of the time on your overnights or do they give you enough time to enjoy the towns you fly into?

Thanks,
Duckman

Quote: Azo was awesome. All the college town overnights can be fun if you put your mind to it and you have more than minrest. I forgot, CRW is actually an amazing overnight, especially if you get the pairing where you land at like 9pm and don’t leave until late afternoon/early evening the next day.
Quote: Nice! I will check them out. Does scheduling generally give you close to min rest most of the time on your overnights or do they give you enough time to enjoy the towns you fly into?

Thanks,
Duckman
Depends on the domicile, especially now. I'd say 14-15 hours is average during normal times though.
Quote: Depends on the domicile, especially now. I'd say 14-15 hours is average during normal times though.
lately I’m seeing 1 long and 2 shorts on a normal line. IE 17-19 hrs then 2 10-11 hr overnights.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to