!!!! JOB where to GO!!!!!

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
Quote: Justify yourself.
I'm guessing AWAC was left off due to the lack of a growth plan. Outstanding place to work, but cloudy future. At least to the outside world.
I'm not so much worried about AWAC not being on his list as his reasoning for those companies he included. Is it solely because of growth?

If so, seven years ago that list likely would have been:

1. Comair
2. AWAC
3. Mesaba

If so, three years ago that list likely was:

1. Skywest
2. RAH
3. Pinnacle

Amazing how quickly things change....
Quote: I'm not so much worried about AWAC not being on his list as his reasoning for those companies he included. Is it solely because of growth?

If so, seven years ago that list likely would have been:

1. Comair
2. AWAC
3. Mesaba

If so, three years ago that list likely was:

1. Skywest
2. RAH
3. Pinnacle

Amazing how quickly things change....
Yup, its a dorked up industry. Pick your regional on QOL, but even that can change with all the recent base realignments.

The engineer in me wants to know his rational too now. My guess is that those three has the best blend of growth, pay, and work rules. Everyone else suffers in one of those three areas. Of course they have their weaknesses as well.
go to Eagle. They'll pay you better in training, they'll treat you better than the other regionals, and you get to pick your base.
Quote: go to Eagle. They'll pay you better in training, they'll treat you better than the other regionals, and you get to pick your base.

Samiboy05 said he wants a "quick upgrade", so unless things start changing at AE, that don't fit the bill. 5 years ain't very quick.
Quote: Samiboy05 said he wants a "quick upgrade", so unless things start changing at AE, that don't fit the bill. 5 years ain't very quick.
What is quick today won't necessarily be quick one, two, three, or four years from now.

Quote: Looking for good work rules, pay and quick upgrade.
Everybody wants a company with good work rules, good pay and a quick upgrade...but you typically can only have one (maybe two) of those three...
[quote=BoilerUP;177337]What is quick today won't necessarily be quick one, two, three, or four years from now.

If you look at it that way then everythings a crap shoot. Do you have any evidence to show that upgrade at AE will get any better?
I think the moral of the story is not to chase upgrade times. They are the most fluid of factors in your career and the only one not contractually mandated. Consider work rules, pay, domiciles(move that first if you have a family), then upgrade prospects (if you consider them at all) in that order which picking a regional.
Quote: If you look at it that way then everythings a crap shoot. Do you have any evidence to show that upgrade at AE will get any better?
Yes.

AA Flowbacks at Eagle are being recalled to mainline, which alone will open up 400+ CA seats in the next couple years. Combine that with normal attrition and the gap in hiring between 2001 and 2004 (or whenever their first post-9/11 newhire class was) and upgrade time at Eagle will likely drop to 4 or less years.
Quote: Yes.

AA Flowbacks at Eagle are being recalled to mainline, which alone will open up 400+ CA seats in the next couple years. Combine that with normal attrition and the gap in hiring between 2001 and 2004 (or whenever their first post-9/11 newhire class was) and upgrade time at Eagle will likely drop to 4 or less years.
I'm sure that will free up some seats as you say, but I just always asumed that Eagle was a slower upgrade because of the amount of career captains. I've heard they have quite a few. What do you think?
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to