CDC: Unvaccinated 11X more likely to die

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to
Quote: I actually DO think we will all get it - just like we all have gotten the other four common coronaviruses - and for most young people it will be very low risk. For those older - or with comorbidities - getting immunized first is a very good idea. Because we aren’t going to get rid of COVID - certainly not with current vaccines - and prepping those at risk with even the current inadequate vaccines will save lives.

But this virus is NEVER going to go away. There are too many reservoir animals, too many countries that will never be successfully vaccinated, too many people with HIV who will always be susceptible, and too short a period of persistence of immunity. That’s why we can catch the other coronaviruses repetitively after only 9 months.

Well I didn't catch it sleeping next to a woman with a documented, antibody inducing, full-blown hack-up-a-lung case so maybe I was just "lucky."

But you're absolutely right that Covid Zero is an unrealistic fantasy and it is past time that we treat this bug as endemic.
Quote: Well I didn't catch it sleeping next to a woman with a documented, antibody inducing, full-blown hack-up-a-lung case so maybe I was just "lucky."

But you're absolutely right that Covid Zero is an unrealistic fantasy and it is past time that we treat this bug as endemic.
Dr Mina from Harvard Med School would agree with this. He's stated this multiple times over the last several months. Unfortunately he doesn't get the airtime like Fraudchi does.
Quote: Well I didn't catch it sleeping next to a woman with a documented, antibody inducing, full-blown hack-up-a-lung case so maybe I was just "lucky."

You'd be amazed how many couples in my neighborhood have run as fast as they could away from each other at the first sign of Covid infection.

The men from the women, the women from the men, and the men from the men. They're scared to death of this thing, even though they're pretty much 100% vaccinated, under 55, and in good health otherwise.

"Til death (or Covid) do us part" , I guess.
11x0=0

fear mongering yet again.

can we go back to lotteries and free ice cream and shake shack as motivators plz?
Quote: 11x0=0

fear mongering yet again.

can we go back to lotteries and free ice cream and shake shack as motivators plz?
Wow... bless your heart.
1  2  3  4 
Page 4 of 4
Go to