Notices
COVID19 Pandemic Information and Reports

Two shots not enough…

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2021, 01:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010

Originally Posted by chirrut View Post
Time to remind everyone who really is spreading the misinformation. Straight from the very mouths who have moved the goal posts since March 2020.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1461750873445568515

When did Gates...I mean, "Dr." Gates.... get his medical degree?
So if your not dead yet you need moar shots...?
Old 11-24-2021, 02:43 PM
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by chirrut View Post
Time to remind everyone who really is spreading the misinformation. Straight from the very mouths who have moved the goal posts since March 2020.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1461750873445568515

When did Gates...I mean, "Dr." Gates.... get his medical degree?
Well, what they said was true before Delta. I assume those sound bites were all before mid-summer.
Old 11-24-2021, 03:20 PM
:-)

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Well, what they said was true before Delta. I assume those sound bites were all before mid-summer.
The RBD is conserved across variants, so far, the Delta difference is simply increased binding probability. The vaccines failed because the antibody levels are both not high enough, and of short duration. Realistically, where Covid is going, it will require many many shots per year to keep antibody levels, which migrate to the respiratory system, high enough for neutralization.
Old 11-24-2021, 06:54 PM
Always Working

Joined APC: Jul 2021

Here's some interesting data:

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths-by-vaccination

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
UVac vs Vac deaths.jpg (16.0 KB, 137 views)
Old 11-25-2021, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Tfork View Post
The issue with data like this, is it is comparing people who died within 60 days of a positive PCR test, to people who died of a laboratory confirmed, breakthrough case of Covid. No where in the data sets does it list the number of people excluded from the totals.
Old 11-25-2021, 07:26 AM
Always Working

Originally Posted by Mesabah View Post
The issue with data like this, is it is comparing people who died within 60 days of a positive PCR test, to people who died of a laboratory confirmed, breakthrough case of Covid. No where in the data sets does it list the number of people excluded from the totals.
When you die from COVID, wouldn't you be in a hospital where they would do such tests? There may be a few isolated cases where this isn't true but the vast majority are tested.
Old 11-25-2021, 07:35 AM

When you die from COVID, wouldn't you be in a hospital where they would do such tests?
Actually, no they don't. Covid statistics are horrendous, you can't draw any conclusions from them.
Old 11-25-2021, 08:30 PM
Always Working

Actually, no they don't. Covid statistics are horrendous, you can't draw any conclusions from them.
Please post a link to that truth.
Old 11-26-2021, 03:09 AM

Please post a link to that truth.
You already posted the link, read the methodology. The state compares death
certificates to vaccine databases. The system assumes any positive pcr test within 60 days of death is unvaccinated, unless linked to a vaccination record. If a fully vaccinated death is found, it is then investigated for truth using hospital records. https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths-by-vaccination
Old 11-26-2021, 07:20 AM
Always Working

You already posted the link, read the methodology. The state compares death
certificates to vaccine databases. The system assumes any positive pcr test within 60 days of death is unvaccinated, unless linked to a vaccination record. If a fully vaccinated death is found, it is then investigated for truth using hospital records. https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths-by-vaccination
I see you are mostly correct. The underlying data is from the CDC. According to them:

"Vaccination status: A fully vaccinated person had SARS-CoV-2 RNA or antigen detected on a respiratory specimen collected ≥14 days after completing the primary series of an FDA-authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine. An unvaccinated person had SARS-CoV-2 RNA or antigen detected on a respiratory specimen and has not been verified to have received COVID-19 vaccine. Excluded were partially vaccinated people who received at least one FDA-authorized vaccine dose but did not complete a primary series ≥14 days before collection of a specimen where SARS-CoV-2 RNA or antigen was detected.

Deaths: A COVID-19–associated death occurred in a person with a documented COVID-19 diagnosis who died; health department staff reviewed to make a determination using vital records, public health investigation, or other data sources. Rates of COVID-19 deaths by vaccination status are reported based on when the patient was tested for COVID-19, not the date they died. Deaths usually occur up to 30 days after COVID-19 diagnosis."

Seems pretty methodical to me. I think you're correct that there can be variations in the data but not enough to change the outcome. However, I can find no better data.

Last edited by Tfork; 11-26-2021 at 07:27 AM. Reason: re-read the data