Mesa China Email

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Found this gem in my inbox today! Who wants to move to China? I bet the Mesa wages are pretty good compared to their standard of living.

Quote:
Hiring Contract CRJ Captains for Beijing, China

Joint Venture between Shenzhen Airlines and Mesa Airlines
(tentatively known as Kun Peng Airlines)

Minimum requirements:
• 500 hours PIC on CRJ-200, 700 or 900
• 3000 hours total time
• First Class Medical

Domicile: Beijing, China (Working VISA provided by WASINC – any nationality can apply)
Base pay: $5700 per month (net)
Minimum Guarantee: 80 hours
Contract Term: First contract: 2 years. Subsequent contracts: 1 year

Benefits:
• Housing allowance: $1200 per month
• Contract completion bonus (payable upon contract completion)
o $3000 for first year
o $6000 for second year
• Worldwide Medical/Dental insurance
• Life insurance and accidental death and disability insurance will be provided
• Annual travel allowance provided
• 9 days guaranteed off per month
• 30 days personal leave per year

Additional information:
• Kun Peng Airlines is a joint venture between Mesa Air and Shenzhen Airlines.
• Chinese income taxes will be paid by the company. U.S. taxes will be based on off-shore (expat) status. • International Medical Insurance Coverage is provided for you and your family anywhere in the world. • Travel Allowance. The travel allowance covers employee, family, parents, or friends. • Housing Allowance will provide for a western-style furnished apartment around 180-200 sq. meters (about 1900 sq. ft. with 3BR 2 BA). Housing assistance will include on-site property visits and assistance with lease negotiations. • Interested persons will be considered for upgrade to B-737NG service at parent company (Shenzhen Airlines) upon completion of contract. • Route System. Kun Peng Airlines will be based in Beijing, and initially include routes to 16 regional airports.
mmm chinese food....
So about $87,000/year total, most of which would be exempt from US income tax. They're paying more than I had expected...
If you were a single CRJ capt, I don't think that it would be that bad. the whole 2 year contract thing would be a bigger downfall though.
I was thinking the same thing...................much better then what we have here in the sates.......................
They're still going to have trouble getting folks. Single adventure-seekers maybe, but if you have a spouse, what is she/he going to do in china?
I don't think I would trust any contract written by someone working with J.O. I bet you see maybe a fourth of whats promised in this contract. Plus, with a whopping 9 days off a month you can really make it back to the States to visit. You could probably have a better life working in a rice field....at least you could get some fresh air.
Quote: I don't think I would trust any contract written by someone working with J.O. I bet you see maybe a fourth of whats promised in this contract. Plus, with a whopping 9 days off a month you can really make it back to the States to visit. You could probably have a better life working in a rice field....at least you could get some fresh air.
now that right there is funny
yep, the "adventure" nature of it appeals to me, i was thinking what my fiance' would do in china though. lol...she's a teacher, wonder if she could teach english and math combined...But yeh, it could be fun, but what's up w/ 9 days off a month, and it's written like that's something to be proud of, lol.
Jo is still trying to throw that 737 carrot out there!! Please JO....just GO! away!!
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to