Avelo Air. News and info

Subscribe
46  86  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  106 
Page 96 of 108
Go to
Hiring Pool?
Interviewed this week and received congratulations today that I was selected to join the hiring pool. "not an official offer but a conditional placement in our pool of candidates.... contingent on the availability of class dates."

My only 121 experience was FE time with no 121 FO time, so I'm not a quick upgrade, and the interviewers were pretty transparent that they are focused on hiring DEC's (as stated above) and getting them trained and on the line, to cover the new airplanes being received. Also that all training (and sims) will be moving to Orlando this year (projected to be complete by November), so may be some reduced class sizes until that's up to speed.

Any insights from the Avelo folks as to how big is this pool and how long I might be swimming in it? I like the company and the culture, and would start next week if I could. Thx!
Quote: yes in a SFP if they take L routes it’s a 3.4 hour flight
What about if the runway is wet?
Quote: What about if the runway is wet?
depends on how much and if there’s any wind , too many variable to say it won’t work or it will with a full load
Quote: depends on how much and if there’s any wind , too many variable to say it won’t work or it will with a full load
Roger that. Thanks
Quote: And you can do all that off a 5600' runway?
most of the runways in africa i fly to is around 3000m or longer so you are good most of the time. cause you do the operation into international airports. hardest thing is CB's all around the africa, they can reach up to 60000 feet and heavy rain you have to deal with. my record is istanbul to Kinshasa with flight hours 8.15 hours with two pilots in 737 max. it is super exhausting and coming back to states again for better quality of life! so nothing can beat me in the states
Hey guys, I’m going to list to travel on you Sunday. We have an agreement, I’m a jetblue guy. Can you tell me how I should list because I’m not seeing any information in the ALPA guide. Thank you!
Quote: Hey guys, I’m going to list to travel on you Sunday. We have an agreement, I’m a jetblue guy. Can you tell me how I should list because I’m not seeing any information in the ALPA guide. Thank you!
We are on myIDTravel and use it to non-rev list internally. I imagine you will be able to do that as well. Keep in mind that this is not the same as a jumpseat listing (you'd do that at the gate). Not sure if creating the myIDTravel PNR is necessary for off-line jumpseating, but it can't hurt. Let us know how it goes!
New base
Any rumors on a new domicile in Florida? Secondly if I am reading the pay correctly it seems high for a first year FO approx 125k plus stipend etc. is this accurate? Lastly where in Orlando will the new training facility be?

Thanks in advance, I have a video interview coming soon.
Quote: Any rumors on a new domicile in Florida? Secondly if I am reading the pay correctly it seems high for a first year FO approx 125k plus stipend etc. is this accurate? Lastly where in Orlando will the new training facility be?

Thanks in advance, I have a video interview coming soon.
Avenger Flight Group, near Orlando International Airport:

https://afm.aero/us-low-cost-airline...up-progresses/
Quote: We are on myIDTravel and use it to non-rev list internally. I imagine you will be able to do that as well. Keep in mind that this is not the same as a jumpseat listing (you'd do that at the gate). Not sure if creating the myIDTravel PNR is necessary for off-line jumpseating, but it can't hurt. Let us know how it goes!
Thank you for the information!
46  86  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  106 
Page 96 of 108
Go to